THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Stupid Autozone...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
At a tire shop today, some old guy came up and complimented my truck. He asked if I had a 350 in it (I mean why wouldn't I, right?). Then he asked if a 5.3 was a bigger motor than a ford 5.0......

That's about right when I pulled through the grass and jumped the curb and took off down the road...
well around here, the 5.3 is the new 327, and 6.0 is the new 400
Old 06-12-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Why didn't you just tell him a Bugati...
Old 06-12-2010, 04:11 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

oh and i forgot, getting tr5 plugs is a ******* argument every time i go to get them. i ask for tr6 plugs and they get on their computer and ask what year and model...i tell them it doesnt matter, i just want a tr6 plug. they insist on getting on the computer...and i finally have to get rude to get **** done.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

Since I live in a very small town the local advance and autozone have pretty knowledgeable people. Although they have learned that if there is an impossible to get part it will be the one I want. I just walk beh8ind the counter and find what I need most of the time while the manager plays with my dog. (Yes Zoomer has in store privileges.)

Several yars back I called an Autozone in Charlotte and tole them I needed motor mounts for a 86 Nissan pickup. The guy kept telling me that it had to be a transmission mount because it was a front wheel drive. I told him that there have only been 3 front wheel drive pickups sold in the us and none of them were Nissan's ( Subaru Brat. Dodge Rampage. Volkswagen whatever.) he got mad I and I told him I wanted to speak to someone who knew their head from a hole in the ground. The manager got on the line and asked what the problem was I said " Your guy is an idiot", and told him what happened. When I went in to pick up the mounts the manager told me he fired the guy because that wasn't the first time he did something that stupid.

And to the OP. I have piles of relays. Advantage of hauling junk cars. I ****** out fuses relays and switches like mad.

Oh and one day I went in the local AZ and they had a new cute gal working there. A regular customer had her running all over looking for muffler bearings. I went behind the counter and the manager was about to pass out holding his breath to keep from laughing out loud.

Last edited by mybigwarwagon; 06-12-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: i forgot
Old 06-12-2010, 08:38 PM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by mybigwarwagon

Oh and one day I went in the local AZ and they had a new cute gal working there.
i'll usually cut chicks a break, if there cute enough.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mybigwarwagon
Since I live in a very small town the local advance and autozone have pretty knowledgeable people. Although they have learned that if there is an impossible to get part it will be the one I want.

Oh and one day I went in the local AZ and they had a new cute gal working there.

For the times when I walk into auto parts stores, why don't the hotties work at the ones I frequent?!?

Bruce, that's mighta decent of ya. Perhaps trying to get a phone #, by goin easy on her?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:04 PM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by fastnblu

For the times when I walk into auto parts stores, why don't the hotties work at the ones I frequent?!?

Bruce, that's mighta decent of ya. Perhaps trying to get a phone #, by goin easy on her?
actually the last hot chick i saw was pregnant. i kinda felt sorry for her, didnt have the heart to hassle her.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:50 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't get why these guys are arguing with you on asking for a TR6 plug. I have people come in all the time and ask for a BR*KES*insert letter here* NGK plug, and I just go and cross reference the plug and give it to them. Maybe they just don't know wtf they're doing?