THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Stupid Autozone...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
LOL, that's funny Stroker...you probably just walk in and wave hello on your way to the stock room now
Depends on who is working

Originally Posted by BLUES MAN

oh and by the way, he also stated that the tr55's are NOT compatible with with a 5.3l
They tried to sell me TR5's for my Camaro. Since then I give them the part number (3951) and tell them I need 8. Don't even try to explain TR6's unless you have the number handy
Old 06-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by StrokerAce03
Depends on who is working

They tried to sell me TR5's for my Camaro. Since then I give them the part number (3951) and tell them I need 8. Don't even try to explain TR6's unless you have the number handy
3951s are TR55s, the same thing as a TR5 but come pregapped wider.

You can tell them to cross reference the number TR6 if you want the plug. Most parts people should know that.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
That sucks. When I was a store manager at Advance I always stocked quite a few of those relays in that location because they were half the price of the equivalent in GPSorensen or whatever brand was the "OE" behind the counter. If you ask to look in the catalog for their OE relays, you can see diagrams and find that standard relay back there and typically they'll have plenty in stock since they are a very versatile relay. Or, if you know what line they carry, they usually have their catalogues listed on their website in pdf format so yuo can find the numebr before you go in too!
Good info Matt, I'll remember that for the future, thanks again

Originally Posted by Holty
I didn't read this whole thread, but to the OP I had the same problem, my relays went out on my Nelson fan harness and searched all over and found them at napa for a whopping $9 a piece. I called Nelson and they shipped me 3 new ones for $3 a piece i got them the next day.
Thanks Holty, I thought about getting in touch with Nelson for the relays, but I've heard of a few folks having relay problems with the harness, which actually made me feel lucky that I got 5+ years out of mine. The harness is top quality, but it appears that the relays are not the best so I was apprehensive about using the same brand of relay again. SnakeOiler hooked me up though, and I should have 3 new Bosch/Tyco relays at the beginning of next week

Originally Posted by BLUES MAN
the thing that pisses me off the most is when they come with there "the more expensive part will work better" i just went and bought my ngk's from advance, and the tool was trying his hardest to sell me some E3'S, i told him no thanks just the ngk's please, then he states that if it were his vehicle he would put E3'S in

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
He was an idiot, pure and simple. I never sell E3 plugs, they're garbage IMO.
You mean you guys don't like "misfire in a box"? LOL, those plugs are crap for sure
Old 06-10-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too wondered when I 1st saw this thread, why not contact Nelson? But if they failed...well, u said why? Why possibly repeat. IMO, u just wanted to post a thread & up your post count.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:43 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by fastnblu
I too wondered when I 1st saw this thread, why not contact Nelson? But if they failed...well, u said why? Why possibly repeat. IMO, u just wanted to post a thread & up your post count.
I'd go with wanting to up the post count if Truck Stop posts actually "counted"

But yea, didn't want to get more bum relays, especially since I've read of others having problems with theirs right out of the bag...I don't want to knock the harness though, so far it's been great.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:43 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I'd go with wanting to up the post count if Truck Stop posts actually "counted"
Oh look, they do...
Old 06-11-2010, 01:57 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

those guys get soooo confused when they ask what size motor and i say 5.7 V8. i tell it to them every time just to get them scratching their head.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

At a tire shop today, some old guy came up and complimented my truck. He asked if I had a 350 in it (I mean why wouldn't I, right?). Then he asked if a 5.3 was a bigger motor than a ford 5.0......

That's about right when I pulled through the grass and jumped the curb and took off down the road...
Old 06-11-2010, 08:18 PM
The House is Rockin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then he asked if a 5.3 was a bigger motor than a ford 5.0......
Old 06-11-2010, 10:42 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

At a tire shop today, some old guy came up and complimented my truck. He asked if I had a 350 in it (I mean why wouldn't I, right?). Then he asked if a 5.3 was a bigger motor than a ford 5.0......

That's about right when I pulled through the grass and jumped the curb and took off down the road...
Bahahahaha!

Quick Reply: Stupid Autozone...