THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Got a new gun yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:00 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got a new gun yesterday

After considering many options for a carry weapon, I finally settled on a H&K USP .40 compact. Picked it up yesterday and fired a few rounds through it. I really like the fit and feel of the gun, and it has a great recoil mechanism that really reduces the kick. It's a little bigger than the S&W M&P .40 Compact that I initially wanted, but I really wanted the added slide mounted safety/decocker and all the M&P had was a passive safety on the trigger. Now for holster selection......

My dad and I are planning on taking the AZ ccw course in January, so hopefully within the next couple of months I'll be licensed for concealed carry
Old 12-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats man.

i might have a shot at gettin a HK .40 in full size. if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay? pm me if necessary
Old 12-13-2007, 04:22 PM
High on diesel fumes

"Shot" you a PM, har har.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:35 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet. Congrats on the new piece. Be safe!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
"Shot" you a PM, har har.
thanks

oh, btw

Old 12-13-2007, 04:46 PM
High on diesel fumes

I'll take a pic later tonight when I get home.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So are things getting rough in your neighborhood that you need a CCW? Planning on more late night tuning sessions with the cops?

I highly recommend taking a CCW course though and any shooting class you can get your hands on. I assume this is for protection, if so, in order for it to be effective, you need to know how to shoot someone and shoot them in the right spot quickily. It will help later on when you go to court for murder.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:41 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll love the HK. I've had an HK .40 for about a hundred years or so. I like it better than any handgun I've ever had except a browning competition .22 (still own hehe), from sigs, to berrettas, to S&Ws, to ruger (and ignoring and taurus baby TA street sweeper I had at one time). I like it as well as the high end colt my buddy used to have, and the few kimber's I've fired (but time with them was limited, so salt liberally).
Old 12-13-2007, 07:03 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
So are things getting rough in your neighborhood that you need a CCW? Planning on more late night tuning sessions with the cops?

I highly recommend taking a CCW course though and any shooting class you can get your hands on. I assume this is for protection, if so, in order for it to be effective, you need to know how to shoot someone and shoot them in the right spot quickily. It will help later on when you go to court for murder.
I have to take the class to get the ccw, but I also want to take as many classes as I can. I agree with you 100% that I need to go through as much training as I possibly can to be effective. That's in the plans. I don't take carrying a gun lightly....if I'm going to do it, I want to make sure that I am as prepared and trained as much as I can possibly be.

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
You'll love the HK. I've had an HK .40 for about a hundred years or so. I like it better than any handgun I've ever had except a browning competition .22 (still own hehe), from sigs, to berrettas, to S&Ws, to ruger (and ignoring and taurus baby TA street sweeper I had at one time). I like it as well as the high end colt my buddy used to have, and the few kimber's I've fired (but time with them was limited, so salt liberally).
Good to know, I'm looking forward to getting familiar with the new gun.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went and put a few more rounds through mine today and every time I shoot it I like it more and more. I think you will be really happy with the 40 cal nice stopping power with less recoil then most comparable rounds. I shot my dads 10yr old browning today and hated it, it felt like the damn thing was biting my hand every time I shot it. Makes me just that much happier that I went with the XD like I did. You waiting for nonnie to evaluate the holster he posted up? If he likes his Ill be getting one too along with taking the CHL class in January. Because Im a picture ***** and didnt post a thread about my new gun

Now lets see yours, you're slacking, you should know better then to post a thread like this without pics so mine'll just have to hold em over till you get yours up

Quick Reply: Got a new gun yesterday