THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Crazy female cardinal has it out for my truck...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 01:03 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Crazy female cardinal has it out for my truck...

This friggin bird, she's driving me nuts. I was hanging out with my girlfriend last week when she looked out the window and told me that I had to check out this cardinal that's pecking at her reflection in my chrome mirror caps...it would've been kinda cute if it was a one time thing, but now my side mirrors are this effin fowl's favorite hang out. I keep finding bird **** all over both mirrors and doors, and catching the bird hanging out on top of my mirrors, playing with her reflection in the side windows, and crapping down the side of my truck. I've chased her away a few times and she keeps coming back. Shot her with a water pistol and back she comes. I tried folding the mirrors in so they weren't so inviting, and that just allowed for more bird **** on the side doors than before. Finally, I grabbed two small plastic grocery bags and slid them over the mirrors, and so far this seems to be deterring her as the poop has stopped...so far.

Now either this is a strange coincidence, or I pissed this bird off, because here's what happened this morning, after the first night of having the mirrors "bagged"...

I was sitting in my garage having my morning cigarette, just kinda staring out the window there. The garage is in the ground, so the window is down at the ground level if you know what I mean. All of a sudden this bird slams into the window, beak first, with some speed and ferocity behind her. Since I was staring right at the window I got a clear look and it's the friggin lady cardinal that's been hanging out on my mirrors! Well, she didn't just attack the window once, she came back, and slammed the window, beak first, repeatedly. Over and over, for a few minutes, when I finally said enough is enough and got up and knocked on the window to scare her away.

Needless to say, I'm watching my back when I walk out of the house now lol...I'm expecting this crazy lady bird to come after me with a sneak attack lol

I'm thinking of getting one of those Nerf rifles that shoots the little darts and setting her up...maybe next sunny day, leave the mirrors exposed while I sit quietly on my front stoop...waiting...
Old 04-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are a sign of bad luck
Old 04-20-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shooooooot it billy
Old 04-20-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Videos or it didn't happen
Old 04-20-2011, 02:05 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, remember my crazy bird thread?

Wanna use my pellet gun?
Old 04-20-2011, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Remington 11-87 will work just fine. I had to execute a bird once that was pooping on my bosses truck mirrors.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Notorious BIG

thats a crazy bird story for sure! I guess bird really IS the word!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

execute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184
Old 04-20-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by trever1t
lol, remember my crazy bird thread?

Wanna use my pellet gun?
Funny when I read Billy's post I thought about that story. You know Bill you are a professional at this kind of thing. Maybe you should take a trip out to the east coast and take care of this matter! Forgetaboutit!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

How does that even end up happening?

And yeah if it were me I would really not shoot a cardinal or songbird, but sinces its being a bitchbird, it's the only way. Or at least find a way to scare it off.

Quick Reply: Crazy female cardinal has it out for my truck...