THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Cops shoot a guy 10 times

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

judging by the video, I would say the shooting was legit. The guy changed direction to go at one of the cops. I dont know if 10 rounds was called for, but like pointed out, we didnt see what happen when he hit the ground. HOWEVER, the first shot sent him backwards, and the range of his weapon was about 3 feet, so I am assuming 10 shots were not necessary. but when you turn around and come at a cop with a weapon, a pick axe or whatever it was nonetheless, youre going down.

and I think it would have been foolish to send the dog in, no reason to risk the dogs life.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
you're being a little left wing here. How many of those shots actually hit the guy is unknown for one.
He's in the wrong profession then if he missed that many times from that close.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

I doubt he even hit him with half. I remember a local police shooting from a few years back. One male, and one female officer shot a suspect who was between 6'-8' away from them with a knife. Both fired 9 rounds combined and actually hit the guy with 2.....

The thing that bothers me more about that is where do the rest of the rounds go that they missed with? This was a take down that had an area cleared, partially..... although some homies were still within 25' or less.....

The one local to me I remember was 2 officers responding to a domestic dispute. When you are in an urban environment it's not just walls, trees and vehicles. I also know someone who trains a lot with officers and they were all pretty terrible shots compared to what the average person might think. Add adrenaline and that accuracy probably went right out the window. Whatever though.

Last edited by 1994Vmax; 02-01-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:11 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by dlt76028
IMO they could have handled that a lot differently and lethal force didn't have to be used. They were trigger happy, and their preliminary report even says the guy swung at them twice?? Whatever helps them sleep at night....
guess that's where i'm different. the guy stepped towards a cop with a weapon and was within reach to take the cops life. **** him up!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dlt76028
I think if the cop was more experienced and badass he would have popped him twice in the knees then the guy would his prison time.
Hahaha. Did you seriously mean that?
Thats the worse thing ive read. He doesnt belong in prison, he got what he deserved.
Never ever shoot to wound. Shoot to elimenate the threat.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:06 PM
TECH Regular

More cops should do that. Canadian cops would have hid in there car, and called in a therapist to reason with him and try to get his life back on track. Unless he didn't actually commit a crime. If he was innocent they likely would have shot him.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SloStepSide

Guess you have never seen the shooting qualifications for LEOs. They arent designated marksmen. Ive seen hard core swat teams get sent home by a 12yr old girl with a 1911 at a match. 75% of them couldnt hit a paper plate at 20yds with their service pistol.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
**** him up!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
First of all did anybody see what he did when he hit the ground? How do you know he didnt reach for a firearm after he hit the ground? Or had a vest on?

I wouldnt say it was uncalled for cause i have no idea what exactly happened.

And you just dont shoot 2 times and just go get back in your car. You shoot till the threat is eliminated. If you have never been in that sort of situation then you dont know the adrenaline and reactions.
If somebody goes to swing a weapon at my partner beside me then its game on, your goin down whether it takes 1 round or 30 rounds. He did what he had to do. You can nit-pick everything they did. But both the officers (good guys) survived and went home at the end of their shift. All they have to do is top their mags off and get back at it the next shift.
Agree 100%

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SloStepSide

haha I'd like to see ANYONE of us hit that guy more than 6 times out of 10 in a fight for your life with a crazy German Shepherd in one hand and a Sig in the other.

Range shooting is JACK **** compared to a life or death situation.

****** hippies with the "he's wrong"...

Quick Reply: Cops shoot a guy 10 times