TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Stuff that should be made into stickies

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If its just going to be mud and under 37s then keep the ifs but be prepared to replace ball joints, u-jpoints and all that good stuff if over 37s the SA would be best for sure. My buddy has 40s on his Z and he takes it off in the mud and hasnt had any real problems with it but he doens wheel it hard it all depends on how you are goign to treat IMO I am only going to put 35s on mine cause I dont want to deal with all the preoblems that come with big tires.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:03 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you talking balljoints and all for sa or ifs??
Old 08-10-2005, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.8T
yeah you just happen to be in the place i plan on coming to. this might work out becouse i didn't want to do anything until i got to florida any way becouse i have to drive my truck all the time up in freaking maine becouse of the winter but when i get to jax again i can drive my car year round.

the last time i talk to oru they said once that they were making a kit and to call after the first of the year well the first of the rolls around and i call and the guy says no we don't have one and were not going to so i told him what the other guy said and in short he said i was full of it and that nobody ever said that so i said ok **** you come again.
Just let me know man. Noticed your in the works of a turbo? I'm looking into twin's or a single remote mount for my hooptie (being I have a tube bender so I can do my own exhaust etc.)
Old 08-10-2005, 02:40 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by studlybilly
Just let me know man. Noticed your in the works of a turbo? I'm looking into twin's or a single remote mount for my hooptie (being I have a tube bender so I can do my own exhaust etc.)

must be nice to have all this stuff. i was wanting to open up a shop once i get down there so i can get out of the freaking navy i much rather do my own thing then be in the navy. i'll keep you up dated your not leaving any time soon are you??
Old 08-11-2005, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.8T
must be nice to have all this stuff. i was wanting to open up a shop once i get down there so i can get out of the freaking navy i much rather do my own thing then be in the navy. i'll keep you up dated your not leaving any time soon are you??
Nope I got school and my 2 businesses to run..
Old 08-11-2005, 09:38 AM
12 Second Truck Club

sweet sounds good. yeah i'm in works on a turbo i just have to get my intercooler cut down 2" and get it in then i guess i'm gonna try to rear mount it for now. until i can get money for a front mount manifolds. twins would be cool but i don't have the money for another turbo.