TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Stuff that should be made into stickies

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 08:54 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what about some lift kit info like what people have used and there thoughts on it. like myself i'm looking at the fullthrottlesuspension setup right now that i would like to get but i would like to talk to more people that have it or have seen it in person.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.8T
what about some lift kit info like what people have used and there thoughts on it. like myself i'm looking at the fullthrottlesuspension setup right now that i would like to get but i would like to talk to more people that have it or have seen it in person.
IFS in my opinion are hit or miss, I've installed kits that rode out fine (granted its also at the hand of the abuser), and others were a complete nightmare. A rule of thumb I've became aware of and go by is anything over 6" its worth it to just SA the damn thing if you intend to beat on it offroad. Hell with the market of bolt on SA conversions I dont see why more people are not doing it in the first place.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:18 PM
12 Second Truck Club

i want a sa conversion but i can't find a kit for the 1500's there all for the 2500's and up. do you know a good place to get a sa converasion kit from that don't cost an arm and a leg
Old 08-09-2005, 02:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Fabritec at 1500+ or biuld your own. and i garentee that it would cost more to do a sas then a 10" lift with 36s.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 4.8T
i want a sa conversion but i can't find a kit for the 1500's there all for the 2500's and up. do you know a good place to get a sa converasion kit from that don't cost an arm and a leg
Ehh if I still have my mockup stuff laying around I could fab you up another bolt on front k-member (or do seperate mounts), and shackle mount. You'll need to tell me what year you have to see if I have anything for it, I actually have a 95 1500 that I'm SAS'n for a buddy. Other then that I know of off-road unlimited sells kits and I've heard a few other's mentioned. Whats best is to try and snag a new vendor off pirate because there always the cheapest.

SAS's CAN be more than IFS, but in true retrospect it either pays for itself, or does not rob the bank anymore than a IFS lift (especially if you pay your cards right). I was referring to it paying itself with the troubles I've seen friends go through more money trying to keep there IFS on the road. I dont mean to downtalk IFS (although its easy being I'm a live axle fanatic) since I have seen people with very successful kits. Depends on what you want to do and especially what you plan to do with the truck.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:51 AM
12 Second Truck Club

its all in my signature should be all the info you need let me know what you got. pm me let me know what kinda price i'm looking at and what you got.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

how big of tire do you want for your truck. and what are you going to wheel it in? if you want tires bigger then a 37 and drive it through rocks then i say go for a solid axle.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:59 PM
12 Second Truck Club

not sure just yet right now its my daily driver but i plan on moving to florida hopefully and if i do that then my car will be my daily driver year round and i can play with my truck more. but the real fun is when i go to arkansas and hit the mountians theres creeks and trails galore up where my parents live i just want something i don't have to worry about breaking. it would be nice to be able to lock up the front and rear instead of just the rear. i wanted to do this originally but oru said there kit didn't work for 1500's and i never could find anywhere else that had a good kit and the price was kinda up there but this would probably turn into a long term thing where i just get parts as i can afford them then when its all together install it all. its kinda how all my **** works out. this is the reason i have all this crap in my garage and not on my truck. (see signature) like i said i'm not real sure this is really my wifes truck and she wants it tall. i was looking at the 9.5" from fullthrottle performance. my truck i can't afford yet 2500 cc d-max fully loaded is what i want.lol
Old 08-09-2005, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

eek I can promise I dont have any cut plates for a 04 being I've never performed a SA on one. I called ORU and they advised me that they do in fact have a bolt on kit which resides from the HD/burban etc. kit they sell.

Hell if your moving to florida I could help you out with whatever you wanted to do, I wouldnt charge you much, maybe just what I'd have in metal. Also depends on how serious of a suspension you want to endure. I'd gamble on a basis of cost just going superlift leaf springs in all corners and a 3/4-1 ton axles (which if you'd be interested I may have a line on a set of Ford one tons for ya). We could do it in phases, I could pre-fab and place all the bracketry before any of the IFS stuff would be removed. I dunno all talk until you decide what you are going and want to do...
Old 08-09-2005, 08:05 PM
12 Second Truck Club

yeah you just happen to be in the place i plan on coming to. this might work out becouse i didn't want to do anything until i got to florida any way becouse i have to drive my truck all the time up in freaking maine becouse of the winter but when i get to jax again i can drive my car year round.

the last time i talk to oru they said once that they were making a kit and to call after the first of the year well the first of the rolls around and i call and the guy says no we don't have one and were not going to so i told him what the other guy said and in short he said i was full of it and that nobody ever said that so i said ok **** you come again.

Quick Reply: Stuff that should be made into stickies