Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TYC Silverado lights + HIDs..

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 05:34 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TYC Silverado lights + HIDs..

Ok for those who were wanting to know.... THEY FIT!!

I just got my new HIDs from that GP my friend did and they fit perfect and look 1000Xs better than my PIAA bulbs I had in there. I actually installed 1 HID in one side and left the PIAAs in the other to compare and let me say I love PIAA bulbs but there is NO COMPARISION!!!

The HIDs made my PIAAs look like candles. The PIAAs made stock bulbs look like candles so this is a huge improvment over stock.

I'll see what these HIDs go for and if the hold up ok in my truck I'll put upa post if you guys are interesting in buying any.

I'll try and get some pics tonight or tomorrow night as I still have Big Tex's new 6.0L long block in the bed of my truck and don't wanna go driving around. LOL
Old 04-17-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Junkie

pics!
Old 04-17-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds great man. Can't wait to see the pics. I've been following this as you know and am definately cosidering this exact setup as my next mod. I'm all about the cleanliness and definately the safety factor of better lighting.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:20 PM
12 Second Truck Club

PICS!!!

Ok, I went for my first nighttime drive after the HID install and the difference is like WOW!

I don't have any before pics because the PIAAs were not bright enough for a good looking pic back a month ago when I tried to take some. As for stock bulbs, well, you all know what those look like.

So here they are:

HID inside TYC closeup:

Pic from inside the truck:

Pic from outside the truck with the camera in front of windshield:

These housings tend to create a weird shapre in the center of the truck and on the forward edge of the lights. It doesn't show well in the pics but it kinda loooks like an elongated Batman symbol or even an angel. LOL Overall I am very happy with the setup for the money spent compared to the traditional setups.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can you get some pics from in front of the truck, and what's the Kelvin rating on the HID's you installed BTW?
Old 04-17-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

Can you get a pic of the light cast against a wall?
Old 04-17-2005, 11:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

The pics in front of the truck look like hell. I deleted all of them because of that. They are all hazy because the lights are simply too damn bright.

They look mostly white with a hint of blue when viewed head on. I used the 6500k bulbs. My buddy installed them in his stock headlights on his 02' GMC 2500HD and he put a 5000k bulb in one side and a 8000k bulb in the other and the 8k bulb was MUCH bluer. With the 5000k bulb in one side and the 6500k on the other the difference was barely noticable. At least on his truck it was. Mine has clear housings so mine shows more of the blue color but after they warm up it is very white with just a hint of blue. Perfect IMO.

When driving the light projects out much further than is showing up in the pics. Part of the problem is I have Bix Tex's 6.0L longblaock in the bed so the back end is saggin a bit and shinning the headlights higher than normal. I totally light up cars passing through the intersection though. It's like a damn spotlight! Also the white lines in the road look really neat because they almost glow white with some blue on em. LOL
Old 04-17-2005, 11:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by black_yukon
Can you get a pic of the light cast against a wall?

I'll see if I can find a dark place to do that tomorrow. I don't wanna drive anymore with that motor back there. Bumps scare me.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:28 AM
Teching In

I guess I don't quite understand what you did here? did you lust buy some hid bulbs and plug them into your regular harness and TYC lenses or do you have an HID setup with TYC bulbs. I have a 2002 1500HD with TYC lenses and would be interested if this is just a plug and play deal. I also have a Kennedy Diesel light harness. Where did you get the bulbs and how much?

JK
Old 04-18-2005, 09:37 AM
12 Second Truck Club

It's a full HID kit that I bought.

The concern was if the HID bulbs would fit into the TYC housings or not due to the HID bulbs being a lil longer than normal bulbs.

Quick Reply: TYC Silverado lights + HIDs..