SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your speaker boxes

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could care less about if someone outside can hear me or not, i want something that hits hard in the cab and sounds good to me, but I want something that is completley under the seat cause i want to be able to have people in the back. I may try and do it myself with some help, because getting one built may cost a bit.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Teching In

I have a new dual 10" Probox for sale, never used. 5/8" mdf, Rhino-lined, includes terminal cups. $250 shipped.
Form fitting, ready to go, just pack it with polyfill, drop in your subs, and boom.

Email me at shortnugly@hotmail.com if you're interested.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KeukaZ71
with any box being underneath the seat, you are limited to how much space is available for a box thus sacrificing good volume which should equal better sound, i think. i have seen alot of guys on here build custom boxes either out of MDF board or fiberglass. i wonder if those sound better than mine? i have 2 10" subs in there right now. no doubt if you take the back seat out and make a bigger box it should sound better. as for my MTX thunderform, it sounds good with some songs, but shitty with others. i guess it depends on the song. MTX took the volume that they had to work with , and tried to make the best accoustic box they could, i think. you can't really shake a penny off the car next to you or trigger car alarms with this box. if you are in house, you might hear me go by, but it doesn't really hit that hard. i don't care really, as long as it sounds good to me in the cab. also, i think it would help if i installed Dynamat. anyone have this? does it help? my cab vibrates too much

In the past when I had a '00 Dakota, I too had an MTX Thunder Form. If you read through the specs,the size for it in conjunction with the MTX subs, it's too small. In doing so, you sacrifice low frequency extension. There were so many times when I could not hit lower then 35 or so Hz. And that is with (2) 10" subs.

I would have rather settled for a single ported 10" or 12" enclosure.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unredeemed
In the past when I had a '00 Dakota, I too had an MTX Thunder Form. If you read through the specs,the size for it in conjunction with the MTX subs, it's too small. In doing so, you sacrifice low frequency extension. There were so many times when I could not hit lower then 35 or so Hz. And that is with (2) 10" subs.

I would have rather settled for a single ported 10" or 12" enclosure.

ported definitely would of sounded better than the MTX. my brother has a basic box in his blazer and it hits so much better than mine. the thunderform sure doesn't hit as low.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KeukaZ71
ported definitely would of sounded better than the MTX. my brother has a basic box in his blazer and it hits so much better than mine. the thunderform sure doesn't hit as low.

Well the MTX Thunder form I had before was 1.4 cu ft for the two 10"s. If they just made it a single 10" with a port tuned to a low enough frequency, I'm sure it would have sounded way better then it did. Oh well, lesson learned. DO NOT BUY PREFABBED/PRELOADED ENCLOSURES.

Look at your space available, and then look at what speakers can work within those conditions. Just because it fits and looks OEM, doesn't mean it's any good.