SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolling my own bedliner tomorrow. Any last minute tips?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolling my own bedliner tomorrow. Any last minute tips?

I have all the stuff to roll my bed liner tomorrow. I've done it before, but just was curious if someone had something I haven't head before. Wish me luck :nunchuk1:

Has anyone used a grinder with a wire brush on the bed for prepping purposes?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Banned

uhhh...how about dont do it? A roll in bedliner is a huge waste of money what with all the massive fading, chipping and peeling
Old 05-11-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont know much about the roll on bed liner, but my spray in Line-X Ultra is so nice looking

Name:  Picture007.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  213.5 KB

Name:  Picture044.jpg
Views: 1822
Size:  150.3 KB

Name:  Picture046.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  184.6 KB

not going to lie it cost alot around $400, wonder why you cant buy the same stuff they spray with and just do it your self, its gotta be more labor than product that you pay for when you get a spray in.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

For a work truck roll your own is cool.I would go spray on for a nice truck.I did my company truck with wire wheel it worked ok but the **** faded like a **** and peeled in a few spots.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
uhhh...how about dont do it? A roll in bedliner is a huge waste of money what with all the massive fading, chipping and peeling
Yea I've heard of that happening, but I've done it to a friends truck and it held up great. Everyone on here seems to hate on the roll in type. I kind of want to do it myself, not only to save money but just to give it a shot on my own truck. During hunting season I use the bed of my trucks so it's not just for looks by any means.

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
For a work truck roll your own is cool.I would go spray on for a nice truck.I did my company truck with wire wheel it worked ok but the **** faded like a **** and peeled in a few spots.
Yea, I hear what you're saying. Not so sure mine is really that nice. lol Half of the year it is a work truck. I'll sleep on it and see what I decide to do in the morning.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:57 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I would roll it on kinda thick. Ive seen some people who just roll it like its paint. It turns out so thin it just tears off when stuff hits it.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SILVERADO11
Dont know much about the roll on bed liner, but my spray in Line-X Ultra is so nice looking
not going to lie it cost alot around $400, wonder why you cant buy the same stuff they spray with and just do it your self, its gotta be more labor than product that you pay for when you get a spray in.
That does look KILLER!!!
I've been tossing the idea around of doing the same to mine as well. (Maybe the color coded liner to match the color of the truck.) Exactly the way I would do mine. The whole bed, EXCEPT, for the side rails and I would do the rear rail near the back window. Looks nice man!!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Prep work! Take your time, and when you think you've finished spend thirty more minutes. I did one of my trucks awhile back, was happy with it for about a month. Then the black turned gray and it started to chip.

My opinion is to save the cash and get Line-X, or get Al's liner it's a better product than Herculiner. http://www.alsliner.com/
Old 05-12-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Alright. You guys have talked me out of it. Guess I'll wait and shell out the cash. It's easy to spend someone elses money I guess.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You wont be sorry like my friends' tacoma and his DIY bed liner kit from pep boys

Quick Reply: Rolling my own bedliner tomorrow. Any last minute tips?