Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

When will Hemis' learn?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what i've seen Hemi's in Stock Form are slow i've seen a couple of modded ones that will run pretty quick.. But those Hemi Guys are a different breed around where i'm from... They never want to race or talk truck performance they just run around with exhaust and say "Yeah It's got A HEMI"
Old 07-27-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FMOS Racing
In my experience, people act like that in the McDonalds parking lot, not at the track.
You need to visit the MD/VA/DC area sometime, there are more ******** than you can count here. From what i can tell, it seems the more time and money you put into your truck/car the less attitude you seem to have. It just seems to work that way for some reason. I see the Mustang and hemi guys (chevy guys too) all the time hootin and hollarin like their **** dont stink....99% of the time they are straight up stock without a clue. But take the guys who have invested some time and money and have a little knowledge, and they seem to be the best guys in the world to talk to and have a good time. You never really see them acting like A-holes.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Launching!

I have nothing but for respect for the guys that are into our hobby. Dodge, Chevy, Ford, they are all cool to me. But, it's the guys that know nothing about what they drive, but think it's fast because it has a flowmaster that I can't stand.

I spent half an hour over the weekend explaining everything I have done to my truck to a guy. When I was done he said "yeah I have a freind that had his truck chipped, that's what you need to do". I just agreed and went on my way. LOL
Old 07-27-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sliderbkt
I spent half an hour over the weekend explaining everything I have done to my truck to a guy. When I was done he said "yeah I have a freind that had his truck chipped, that's what you need to do". I just agreed and went on my way. LOL
I think "Ruffles" can do that for you.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
I think "Ruffles" can do that for you.
Yeah, you need something salty.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 360demonRT
here in a month or two if you are local wich i doubt...i would love to take you up on that stock L race. but yea you gotta throw bags of money at these trucks to go fast im eyeballing a good fat bank right now. stock L's are the ****.
I'm hoping you don't mean running my truck,I'm not exactly a stocker.There are two trucks I know of from the Sat night street races (a 99 & a 04) that are stock.What do mean if I'm local?I know what you mean by throwing bags of money at these trucks.Ls' might take boltons well but they're definitely not cheap.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

99 Lightning build 3786-4000 Full port job,#4 lower,90mm maf,custom tune,built tranny,full Bassani exhaust,C&L tube,Accufab TB,JLP Ram Air

he he not exactly stock now is it? nope you would seriously thrash me. by local i meant in kentucky, cause i sure as hell aint goin out of state for a race i can find in state. yea i wanted a L for a long time, then i saw the tag... then the tag on my RT... didnt take long for me to make my decision lol ill throw what i saved from buying an RT over a L and go 10's or 11's. well no i woulnt cause i dont have that kind of money
Old 07-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 360demonRT
99 Lightning build 3786-4000 Full port job,#4 lower,90mm maf,custom tune,built tranny,full Bassani exhaust,C&L tube,Accufab TB,JLP Ram Air

he he not exactly stock now is it? nope you would seriously thrash me. by local i meant in kentucky, cause i sure as hell aint goin out of state for a race i can find in state. yea i wanted a L for a long time, then i saw the tag... then the tag on my RT... didnt take long for me to make my decision lol ill throw what i saved from buying an RT over a L and go 10's or 11's. well no i woulnt cause i dont have that kind of money
Well it wasn't exactly easy to tell what you meant by "local" since I had no clue where you were from.Look at it this way though you've got a 360 compared to a 330.Although the blower changes that slap a turbo on your ride and it'll get mean real quick.NTM at least the L's have forged internals stock so they can push a good amount of HP on a stock block.Just curious but what did a brand new R/T run off the showroom floor?I think a brand new 99 was something like $32-$33K.

Last edited by 99Lightning; 07-27-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

This might sound funny but I can't tell the difference 9/10 times between a R/T and a regular Dakota.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Originally Posted by sliderbkt

Sorry,LOL! That would have been my reaction if he'd said that to me and I had your mods. Then I would have handed him his sign

Quick Reply: When will Hemis' learn?