Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Smoked another HEMI.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Smoked another HEMI.

Well opening bow season in Illinois finally opened Oct 1st! On my way back from hunting and from dropping a friend off I was coming down Vetrans Pkwy a 2 lane rd around 9:40pm. Funny thing about it was a local UPS driver I work with was talking to a guy that lives in Sherman (a small town North of Springfield) that Vetrans Pkwy runs into, that has a red quad cab exhaust, intake and programmer that claimed to have 400+ horsepower and bragged on how fast it is. He is a younger kid and when the UPS driver asked him if he wanted to race against his truck (RCSB 4x4 with just a programmer). He said he doesnt race it. Well as im coming back from hunting I see some head lights coming up on me fast. The light is red so we both slow down to around 20 and then it turns green. I accelerate a bit around 30mph and he guns it. In turn I do the same and instantly pull away from him. The look on his face as I flew by him was priceless. So now 2 lights later its red Im in the right land and hes in the left. The passenger window rolls down and there was 5 girls the younger guy one of the girls asked me what year my truck was and not to race him. I was like alright, but when the light turned green he floored it spinning his right tire (before I turned on my higher shift points and dropped it in 3rd) Then I floored it and made up the 2 lengths he got on me and was pulling hard on him by 80 I probley had at least 8-10 lengths on him. So after I dawned on me on who I raced. I asked the driver yesterday and it was confirmed. For having 400+ I bet he wondered what in the hell I had in my truck .
Old 10-03-2006, 10:53 AM
14 Second Truck Club

there's no way you beat a 400+ HP HEMI! j/k, nice kill
Old 10-03-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

Embarrassing him in front of 5 girls is definitely a good thing...although you probably took some poon away from him that night!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

good kill, but dont you think that having 5 passengers kind of weighed him down? i know they were girls, but lets just say they each weigh 115, thats an extra 575lbs, which automatically makes him almost 6tenths slower, plus the difference in weight of dodges heavy *** quad cab vs. chevy's very light single cab. not really an apples to apples race. that was just an example of the difference in ya'lls truck, but believe me, my new motto is run whatcha brung, b/c im getting tired of guys wanting to race me and then bitch when they lose b/c they say it wasnt a fair race. hey if you get beat, add some new mods, and then race the guy again. that being said, you beat the **** out of him!! hahaha.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I really dont care on how many people he had in his truck. It comes down to one thing. He thought he had a fast truck that was full of girls and he was gonna be cute and show off and smoke a chevy to impress the girls. However he should have picked on someone else becasue he had is *** handed to him twice and looked like a idot.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by onequick5.3
I really dont care on how many people he had in his truck. It comes down to one thing. He thought he had a fast truck that was full of girls and he was gonna be cute and show off and smoke a chevy to impress the girls. However he should have picked on someone else becasue he had is *** handed to him twice and looked like a idot.
He chose to race so it was a deserving death. It wasn't like onequick5.3 rolled up next to him and said lets race. Hell the guy cheated and had his little girlfriend try and trick you so the dodge could get a jump on him. His choice, his death.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Silly dodge..
Old 10-03-2006, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

did you not read the part about "run whatcha brung". i was just stating that it was an apples to oranges race. but nonetheless he did try and show off, and underestimated your truck, and in return got beat bad and embarrassed himselft, haha. once again, good kill.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

not silly dodge..., i can show you a silly dodge. please clearify by saying hemi.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Stupid people deserve what they get.... good kill.... 400 hp my azz....

TJ

Quick Reply: Smoked another HEMI.