Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Me vs Crew Cab Cummins

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me vs Crew Cab Cummins

DAMN!!! Why cant the LS1 be done and in the extended cab

Pulled up next to a cummins on the way home tonight... he didnt do anything from this light but as I hit about 20mph I gased to to try to make the next light but realized I couldnt... well apparently he took that as I wanted to race, so we get to the next light and wait, I looked over its 4 dudes probably about my age all laughin cause im sure one of the smartasses said something. Light turns green and he immediately gased it so I did as well when he was about 2 lengths ahead of me... couldnt reel that ****** in either, he just VERY slowly kept pulling. I was quite impressed with a bone stock 4.8 extended cab with LTs and ORX (still on the stock tune though), but had the LS1 been in it woulda been a different story
Old 04-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Teching In

you never know with them cummins. buddy of mine has one and ran 12.00 at 110 a few weeks ago and it looks bone stock from the out side.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah very little will get you a whole lot with them. Sounds like the one you raced was pretty close to or stock.

Get that motor done and redeem youself!!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Seems like we always get the race when we aren't looking for it doesn't it? I can drive around for an hour in the HD not really lookin, but ready. As soon as i get in my other truck (slow 91 1500) everyone and thier mother is trying me out. You did about as good as you could have though....those diesels can be tricky .....good run.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:26 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Bill, when you cut your grass do the neighbors show up and want to race lawn mowers? I dont know how the hell you get so many races but I cant get anyone to race me on the street.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Bill, when you cut your grass do the neighbors show up and want to race lawn mowers? I dont know how the hell you get so many races but I cant get anyone to race me on the street.
LMAO!!! I dont know but the grass would get cut in record time!!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:26 AM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by gottago
you never know with them cummins. buddy of mine has one and ran 12.00 at 110 a few weeks ago and it looks bone stock from the out side.
Oh, trust me... ive had my *** handed to me by a Cummins, I wasnt doubting that truck for one second even though it was a 4wd crew cab long bed

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING
Yeah very little will get you a whole lot with them. Sounds like the one you raced was pretty close to or stock.

Get that motor done and redeem youself!!
Ya, diesels just need a nice tune and they are capable of 13s easily im sure, he just didnt like the type of person who had a tune done

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
Seems like we always get the race when we aren't looking for it doesn't it? I can drive around for an hour in the HD not really lookin, but ready. As soon as i get in my other truck (slow 91 1500) everyone and thier mother is trying me out. You did about as good as you could have though....those diesels can be tricky .....good run.
Tell me bout it man, I see so many douches out when I am in the wifeys Cobalt trying to save a little on gas, someone needs to put them in there places!!

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
No but if I did.... I would dust her, she is like in her 60s probably

Pat, ive found the most effective way to get a race is put your windows down and just blast Saliva - Click Click Boom of course you need to let them know you got an exhaust first as well so just give em the pipe a couple times. You gotta come to Robinson when the truck is done dude... me, you and Josh will go out hunting