PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Racing and Kills Forum (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/)
-   -   Me vs Crew Cab Cummins (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/racing-kills-forum-128/me-vs-crew-cab-cummins-416128/)

beastmode 04-15-2008 08:25 PM

Me vs Crew Cab Cummins

DAMN!!! Why cant the LS1 be done and in the extended cab :bang:

Pulled up next to a cummins on the way home tonight... he didnt do anything from this light but as I hit about 20mph I gased to to try to make the next light but realized I couldnt... well apparently he took that as I wanted to race, so we get to the next light and wait, I looked over its 4 dudes probably about my age all laughin cause im sure one of the smartasses said something. Light turns green and he immediately gased it so I did as well when he was about 2 lengths ahead of me... couldnt reel that fucker in either, he just VERY slowly kept pulling. I was quite impressed with a bone stock 4.8 extended cab with LTs and ORX (still on the stock tune though), but had the LS1 been in it woulda been a different story :cry:

gottago 04-15-2008 08:52 PM

you never know with them cummins. buddy of mine has one and ran 12.00 at 110 a few weeks ago and it looks bone stock from the out side.

ZR1 DREAMING 04-15-2008 09:04 PM

Yeah very little will get you a whole lot with them. Sounds like the one you raced was pretty close to or stock.

Get that motor done and redeem youself!! :judge:

Whippled 496 04-15-2008 09:16 PM

Seems like we always get the race when we aren't looking for it doesn't it? I can drive around for an hour in the HD not really lookin, but ready. As soon as i get in my other truck (slow 91 1500) everyone and thier mother is trying me out. You did about as good as you could have though....those diesels can be tricky .....good run.

03sierraslt 04-16-2008 02:26 AM

Bill, when you cut your grass do the neighbors show up and want to race lawn mowers? I dont know how the hell you get so many races but I cant get anyone to race me on the street.

Whippled 496 04-16-2008 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt (Post 3898819)
Bill, when you cut your grass do the neighbors show up and want to race lawn mowers? I dont know how the hell you get so many races but I cant get anyone to race me on the street.

LMAO!!! I dont know but the grass would get cut in record time!!

beastmode 04-16-2008 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by gottago (Post 3898594)
you never know with them cummins. buddy of mine has one and ran 12.00 at 110 a few weeks ago and it looks bone stock from the out side.

Oh, trust me... ive had my ass handed to me by a Cummins, I wasnt doubting that truck for one second even though it was a 4wd crew cab long bed

Originally Posted by ZR1 DREAMING (Post 3898606)
Yeah very little will get you a whole lot with them. Sounds like the one you raced was pretty close to or stock.

Get that motor done and redeem youself!! :judge:

Ya, diesels just need a nice tune and they are capable of 13s easily im sure, he just didnt like the type of person who had a tune done :lol:

Originally Posted by Whippled 496 (Post 3898627)
Seems like we always get the race when we aren't looking for it doesn't it? I can drive around for an hour in the HD not really lookin, but ready. As soon as i get in my other truck (slow 91 1500) everyone and thier mother is trying me out. You did about as good as you could have though....those diesels can be tricky .....good run.

Tell me bout it man, I see so many douches out when I am in the wifeys Cobalt trying to save a little on gas, someone needs to put them in there places!!

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt (Post 3898819)

No but if I did.... I would dust her, she is like in her 60s probably :secret2:

Pat, ive found the most effective way to get a race is put your windows down and just blast Saliva - Click Click Boom :lol: :lol: of course you need to let them know you got an exhaust first as well so just give em the pipe a couple times. You gotta come to Robinson when the truck is done dude... me, you and Josh will go out hunting