PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project Silver Bullet!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 03:27 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by treylittlefield
Just from the filter to the inlet of the pump
https://www.efihardware.com/products...-Extension-KIt

(shipping took 10 business days as it was coming from australia)

I purchased two kits from them and only used one - so i have an extra for sale. i did not use the supplied hose that comes in the kit but used some PTFE tubing that i bought from McMaster-Carr part # 52365K69

I have lots of this ptfe tubing left too

_zblee
Old 05-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Launching!

got my front brakes upgraded. will hopefully hold at the line a bit better now. definitely stops a lot better on the street now.

upgraded to the 13" 05+ rotor/calipers

_zblee
Old 05-20-2017, 09:11 PM
Launching!

well the upgraded brakes help stopping power on the street but did not help build any boost at the line. was only able to get a best of 1.8X 60' with the foot brake. decided i needed some help there. i wired up a trans brake and a 2 step. when i installed the 2 step i did some tests and with the transbrake and 2 step set at 3500 i easily and very quickly built boost up to 7-8lbs (and climbing) before i let off.

i already had a momentary button on my dash for my electric cutout (which i do not have anymore) so i utilized this button for my 2 step and transbrake. if i hold the button down it activates the transbrake. if i push the button up , it activates the 2 step and the transbrake at the same time.

here is how i wired it up

when i got my used transmission it came with a 60e to 80e harness for the conversion. the previous owner had this same style wiring for the transbrake so in the harness he already had a soldered splice into the correct wire for the transbrake wiring. instead of cutting up my existing factory harness i just used this adapter (re-pinned it so that it did not swap any wires) and plugged this in so that i could easily remove it and put it back to factory if needed...

i had also ordered a bolt on driveshaft loop from a forum member who builds these. bolted up very easily and fit perfectly. decided it would be a good idea to get this bolted up before i start launching harder at the track.

now ready for track the next day after installing the 2step, transbrake, and DS loop!

the air temp at the track was a good 20 degrees cooler than the previous week. the goal of the evening was to break 11.5 and get kicked out so i was doing my test launching on low boost to keep my times higher. on my first run my times and mph improved greatly and i attribute this entirely to the cooler weather. went from a previous 12.8 @ 108 to a 12.24 @ 111!. shaved off over a half a second on the ET just from cooler weather!

with the 2 step and transbrake i was getting more consistent launches than before (as expected) . i was messing with my tire pressure, burn out, and 2step rpm when it started to get close to the end of the night so decided to push the 'more boost' button and up the 2step rpm a few hundred. first hit i finally cut into the 1.6X 60' range (boy can you feel the difference!). ran a 11.53 @ 117 .. soo close and since i didn't break 11.5 i get to try again. next run was just a tad bit slower at 11.56 @ 115. i had time for last run so i parked the truck and let her cool off for a good 15 mins. last chance now! i did a nice big burnout and at the tree let the 2step build up for a bit more time and let her rip...

cut a 1.637 60' and came out swinging with a 11.28 @ 118.94 !! they told me i needed a roll cage and i was done for the night ...goal achieved ! last week i weighed in at about 4840 lbs with me in it, i had a large bag of tools with me this time so i was probably closer to 4870 lbs this time around. ill have to try it without center/pass seats, without the heavy *** aluminum bed cover and without the tail gate and see how much i can drop my weight.

_zblee
Old 05-20-2017, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bad ***!! Congrats!!
Old 12-18-2017, 06:16 PM
Launching!

and i got her to run a 10 second pass!!

i added a jakes d3 transbrake. running e70 fuel, racestar front wheels (17x7) . removed front passenger seat and console. weighed in at about 4800 with me in it with about 20 gallons of fuel in the tank.

_zblee
Old 12-19-2017, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!!
Old 12-19-2017, 01:25 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Congrats on the new PB!

I love seeing the S369 doing work! It's an underrated little turbo! I wonder how close to its limit you are on the 5.3. I would guess it has the gusto to send you mid 10's if the combo is right.

How long did the Mickey ET's last? Were you street driving them?
Old 12-19-2017, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Congrats on the new PB!

I love seeing the S369 doing work! It's an underrated little turbo! I wonder how close to its limit you are on the 5.3. I would guess it has the gusto to send you mid 10's if the combo is right.

How long did the Mickey ET's last? Were you street driving them?
yeah i wont know because im not turning it up anymore with this engine.

i still have the ET street S/S. i just put them on a couple of weeks ago. so lots of tread left. i had some street R's that i mounted up brand new that lasted about a month (lots of track burnouts, racing and street driving).

_Zblee
Old 12-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Launching!

found this online..

_zblee
Old 12-20-2017, 01:55 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Wow you look damn close to lifting that front wheel off the ground!

Quick Reply: Project Silver Bullet!