PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

KylesRCSB Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lycominghunter
Got any side pics of your truck with the soft 8's and 315's? Were they 15x10 soft 8's? Curious how it looks.

Yes - 15x10's, I'm not a big fan of the wheels. I plan to go with chrome racestars when all said and done.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Do you know if those are custom backspacing? Trying to figure out how you tuck them lol must be like 6 7/8 inch backspacing or something like that
Old 05-28-2016, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by settlemoore
Do you know if those are custom backspacing? Trying to figure out how you tuck them lol must be like 6 7/8 inch backspacing or something like that
I bet they are custom backspacing. Check out ironcityboom, he talks about ordering his in his build thread.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by settlemoore
Yes they are custom made. If you contact Crager they'll make a wheel to whatever specs you need. I believe on these trucks you need a 6.5 inch backspace to tuck.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can dig those rims. Debating if I want some streets rims/tires other than my racestars.

I have a 6in drop on my truck with 315/60r15s - its not low enough to tuck but with the ~6.4 backspace of the racestars they slightly rubbed the fenders over bumps. All I did was roll the fenders and all contact is gone.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ever hookup the gauges? Wanting to order some digital speedhuts but never really seen what they look like.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:06 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On the cragars they can go as far as a 6-7/8 backspacing. I have em on my truck with a 295/65r15. Hurry and finish the turbo install. When its done your going to regret taking so long to finish it lol.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Truck progress has been slow once again as I have been out of town a lot for work lately. But I've managed to get some stuff mount and seeing what all I'll have to be rerouting. My biggest problem at the moment is getting the Intercooler and piping to fit around the 34" radiator how I want it to. Once I figure this out it'll be go time. Fuel pump is in the mail and is the last piece I am waiting for.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Back October or November of 2016 I picked up a set of racestars.

Update:

Been a long time since I've been on here and updated anything about the truck.

So for those that are interested here we go....

Back in December of 16' the turbo kit was installed, it needed a few tuning issues worked out, but also needed a new cam (the cam in the truck was speced for a nitrous build) and a converter. But, the truck was running and driving and on 9lbs.

Took the truck out about a week after the turbo kit install and decided to give it a few small pulls. Welll.... even with the trucool 40k the stock 60e wasn't a fan and after only a short lived 74,000 miles trans started slipping. Parked the truck in a friends garage for awhile as I had just moved for my job about 3 hours away.

Fast forward to July and the 80e I acquired back in April was finished being built and installed.

The trans still needed the wiring done and new cam installed to help it run like needed and to prepare it for the dyno.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and truck had made it to the dyno to be tuned. When on the dyno is was getting warm rather quickly. Installed a new thermostat and same issue arose.

Started to think a head gasket had blown. Ran a compression test just to be safe and low and behold all but one cylinder passed. Cylinder is getting tons of blow by.

But, there is no coolant in the oil or anything else going on.

Looks like the motor will be coming out and getting rebuilt or swapped for whatever I find and decide to build.

Been working on this thing forever trying to get it driving again and it's just one issue after another. But that's part of the game.

I still live 3 hours away from the truck so that also doesn't help in the process of trying to build it when I have spare time.

Enough rambling.

For those interested in the current setup;

SBE 5.3
Isky Triple 12
Milled 243 heads
TBSS Intake
KB Racing hot pipes
On 3 76/65 (9#)
Custom intercooler piping
Bosch 1000cc injectors
Walbro 450 in tank
Built 80e and Circle D 3200 convertor

74,000 original miles

Last edited by KleanKustoms; 09-10-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Such a clean truck. That's a bummer on the motor

Quick Reply: KylesRCSB Build