PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Just a few pics of my new turbo setup on my 2011 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 06:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Just a few pics of my new turbo setup on my 2011 5.3

Still have alot of work ahead of me like cleaning everything up better and re routing some wires and lines but so far so good. Kyle made me some stainless hot pipes which came out awesome and fit perfect. I went with the new Magnum t72 bb turbo which I gotta say gets into boost really quick. I got a HOB 31x12x4 intercooler with 3" inlet and outlet. Had a local shop here in Corpus mandrel bend me all the cold side which came out better then expected. From the turbo to the intercooler is all one piece pipe and from the intercooler to the tb is all one piece. The guy who did the piping even integrated the MAF into the piping by making a custom mount. Really came out good. Just took back off out of town but when I get back I already have an appointment setup to have all the cold side powder coated black should look really nice when finished. Oh also running a Snow Performance stage 1 kit to keep everything cool and some FAST 85lb injectors. I just ordered a FAST LSXRT intake to see how it does under boost but really to clean up the engine bay. Fig I already dropped alot of money on everything else might as well put a nice intake in lol Well anyways onto the pics, I'll take better ones and post up the other more recent ones I have in my camera when I get back home but here the ones I have at the moment...

Last edited by Three6GMC; 09-16-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you relocate the batt or does it come fact there?? Looks good
Old 09-16-2011, 08:30 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Cool, im interested to see how you routed the cold side...
Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Did you relocate the batt or does it come fact there?? Looks good
Thanks and nah that's just the way it is all nnbs trucks have the battery there lol

Originally Posted by Atomic
Cool, im interested to see how you routed the cold side...
I'll post the better pics I have tonight when I get to my computer at the hotel I have plenty more that show more up close of the piping.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good what are ur goals
Old 09-16-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

For this setup really just around 500 rwhp I want something fun to drive and still be dependable. But once I get everything going right and I get used to the power I'm gonna call up HKE and see what they can put together for me. I'm looking towards a 7.0 LSx with super low compression so I can really run some boost through it. Also to change out this turbo system for one of Kyles bigger pt88 kits. Really want to try out a Comp triplex ceramic turbo but will see. Not trying to set any records just want something fun that's a terror on the streets lol
Old 09-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your gonna love that power with 4WD! 500 is gonna be easy to hit with the parts your planning on using. Ill be mostly stock without meth and 70mm and hope to get 500 with 8-12psi.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, so that's what the MTI plug wires are supposed to look like when you order the right size

Good build, interested in the routing and such as well; built a turbo kit in my mind a few times but haven't seen too many put together in our engine bays yet.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by black00chev
Your gonna love that power with 4WD! 500 is gonna be easy to hit with the parts your planning on using. Ill be mostly stock without meth and 70mm and hope to get 500 with 8-12psi.
Yeah I loved it already when I was running the 100 shot out of the Nitrous Outlet plate kit! Truck just hooked and took off as I sprayed out the hole. Havnt really gotten on it yet as I been waiting on my new injectors to come in but the other day me and my tuner tried a 4 high launch and it felt great just plants you in the seat and pulls hard!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Preston129
Ah, so that's what the MTI plug wires are supposed to look like when you order the right size

Good build, interested in the routing and such as well; built a turbo kit in my mind a few times but haven't seen too many put together in our engine bays yet.
Lol which ones did you order? I just ordered the standard length ones. Yeah like I posted earlier when I get back I'll post up the more detailed pics of the routing as I knew some of you all would be interested. I don't think I should have any problems blowing off couplers as there only 4 all t bolt clamps and the ends are all bead rolled.

Quick Reply: Just a few pics of my new turbo setup on my 2011 5.3