PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Funkster's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Funkster
I never got a dyno number, the one time I tried to dyno my driveshaft let go.

I imagine it was in the 625whp range on the high settings.
That is damn good, I would be happy with that.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rafe19
That is damn good, I would be happy with that.
It didn't do too bad. Trap speed indicates if I would have had a slick on it I would have gone mid 11s in the 1/4.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:05 AM
12 Second Club

A couple small things accomplished tonight.

In case anyone was wondering what it weighs, I took the rubber liner off the firewall and weighed it. I was getting rid of it anyway so I chopped it into pieces and threw it in a bucket and put it on the scale. With the foam on the back and minus the weight of the bucket it is basically dead on at 15lbs. I also weighed the padding under the carpet and it is pretty much exactly 7lbs. So, there is 22lbs lost.

I am going to try to get the entire HVAC system weighed up tomorrow and posted.

I also started refinishing the dash mount bar that is bare steel as well as the brake and accelerator pedal arms as they have gotten pretty nasty. I will try to get some pictures of that progress up soon.

Since I can't swap seats due to the built in seat belt I am going to look at them closely to see what I can do to remove some of the weight from them.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Starting to get the front stripped down. A lot of stuff will be getting painted, replaced or removed.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:36 PM
12 Second Club

After a job setback and a few other personal health issues I am finally picking back up on the build.

Firstly I have metal, adhesive fillers and a few other things on the way as I plan to fill and finish the holes left by HVAC, etc. I will also be grinding off the no longer used studs.

I am also going to be converting my power steering rack to manual. I will be doing it the "proper" way which involves tearing it apart and a few internal modification

Last thing on the current docket is to get the remainder of the frame coating scraped off of the front and prepped for paint. The frame will be getting a couple of coats of epoxy. Likely KBS.

Once that is all done I will put the front end together and start wiring the truck up from scratch. I am sure that will be an adventure.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Alright, so I disconnected the torque converter and started the truck and got even more noise. Upon closer inspection it looks like now the flexplate is hitting the roller bearing on the starter. I am going to try to shim the starter, but ordered a new flexplate in case as well.

I also am having a new driveshaft built now. 3.5" mild steel with 1350 joints front and rear. I am going to use a conversion on the rear for now, but will eventually change the differential yoke to a true 1350.

So, I will keep you guys updated and with any luck will be up and running again this weekend.
What do you mean by "conversion?" Did you order a special u-joint or something?

Nice build! In for more racetruck upgrades!
Old 08-06-2015, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by boostdsierra
What do you mean by "conversion?" Did you order a special u-joint or something?

Nice build! In for more racetruck upgrades!
I had the driveshaft built for 1350 joints, but haven't upgraded the rear yoke on the differential so I used a 1350 to stock 10 bolt conversion U-Joint in the mean time.

As far as updates go I am slowly doing a little work. I have been slammed with a new job and trying to spend time with my family in the nice weather. I also have a couple of businesses so they eat up a lot of my time.

Still in the paint stage on the frame and cleaning up the firewall a bit. Hope to get it all done by fall then start working on wiring and ECU bits.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

I had the driveshaft built for 1350 joints, but haven't upgraded the rear yoke on the differential so I used a 1350 to stock 10 bolt conversion U-Joint in the mean time.

As far as updates go I am slowly doing a little work. I have been slammed with a new job and trying to spend time with my family in the nice weather. I also have a couple of businesses so they eat up a lot of my time.

Still in the paint stage on the frame and cleaning up the firewall a bit. Hope to get it all done by fall then start working on wiring and ECU bits.
Would you mind sharing where you got that or a part number?
I'll be needing to get one as well.
Thanks!
Old 08-07-2015, 06:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by boostdsierra
Would you mind sharing where you got that or a part number?
I'll be needing to get one as well.
Thanks!
The drivetrain shop that made the shaft actually ordered it, but I can try to find out. If it helps at all I am selling the driveshaft complete as it won't work with my new setup.

Last edited by Funkster; 08-10-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

The drivetrain shop that made the shaft actually ordered it, but I can try to find out. If it helps at all I am selling the driveshaft complete as it won't work with my new setup. $200 shipped if you are interested in it.
I appreciate it but I'm 4wd or else I'd take you up on it!

Quick Reply: Funkster's Build Thread