PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Canada Eh??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basically re-gapped that plug, shoved it back in the hole and actually enjoyed the truck for the majority of last summer which was nice. I was unemployed for june, july, and half of august so I did melt on the other waste gate, it held 8 psi nicely. but that was no fun... put the other springs in and its currently at 18psi.

I also added some holley fuel rails, aeromotive boost referenced pressure regulator and an AEM progressive methanol kit at the very tail end of the summer. I was sick of over flowing the stock pressure regulator and wanted out. methanol kit was more for safety with pump gas and 18psi. Never got around to tuning it with the new regulator and meth kit though.

So it sat in the shop all winter, just started working on it again the past month or so to try and get it ready for when the snow melts.

I really wanted to build a 4 link for this thing, but that would require me to build a fuel cell and make some mounts, and then that would progressed into a tube back half, so I went poverty in the sake of money and time. Built some track bars, removed the holy crap overload so it sits right, and built some more upright shock mounts and bought some new, shorter shocks. I also splurged for some wildwood mechanical callipers for the sake of a parking brake as I have to do an out of province inspection on this thing. Im pretty happy with how it turned out.

This was also the first time I worked on the truck on a lift and with power tools!!! What a deal that was.

So for this year all that I have left to do is find some park brake cables, put in a 160f thermostat to try and help my ping problem, fix a power steering leak and tune the thing. Going for 600+ or bust this year. Ill yard sale a rod out the side trying .

Ill also ditch the 22s and order some level 8 17s when I quite being so lazy. Traction n such...

Cheers guys. Hope y'all got your junk ready for boost season!
Old 12-23-2018, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Cool

Think I found my blow by problem...... hahah There was 2 good ones left. Think the rev limiter got to them. Along with the **** gas we get up here. the thing ran surprisingly well for having 65psi of compression.

Old 12-24-2018, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow been awhile since I saw this thread. Ouch..what’s the plan? 408 stroker?
Old 12-24-2018, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blklgt
Wow been awhile since I saw this thread. Ouch..what’s the plan? 408 stroker?

Been awhile since I had to do anything with the truck. Drive it, destroy it, fix it repeat.

Plan is a stock crank 370. 408 would be cool but I don't want to get into a sleeved block money wise. Probably wiesco pistons, K1 rods. New bearings, main studs, same everything else. Fog the methanol into it and crank it up some more. Hoping I don't have to mix my own ethanol blend to get around the **** gas we have in Canada. Want to see the 700whp mark next spring, nothing wild as I would like to keep myself and the truck alive hahah
Old 12-26-2018, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Cool are you gonna have a machine shop put it together or are you going to do it yourself? I personally have never done main bearings but I imagine with the google and some caffeine it wouldn’t be to hard. On another note I threw an lsa charger on my 6.0 over the summer it’s been a fun torque monster but now snagged a 2.45” pulley so time for moar boost!
Old 12-29-2018, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

Cool are you gonna have a machine shop put it together or are you going to do it yourself? I personally have never done main bearings but I imagine with the google and some caffeine it wouldn’t be to hard. On another note I threw an lsa charger on my 6.0 over the summer it’s been a fun torque monster but now snagged a 2.45” pulley so time for moar boost!

It'll likely go to a somewhat local shop, AMS Engines in Edmonton. Lotta guys around here seem to pump up the work they do pretty well so I guess ill find out! He wanted something like $550 to assemble the short block after machining, I'd love to be able to sit and learn how to do it all myself but at this point in my life the time I'd spend on it is worth more to me then $550. I also like the idea of being able to point fingers when it spills its guts on the dyno....

I really want to a pro charger build..... your blower comments aren't helping!
Old 12-29-2018, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Yeah I hear ya. I gotta say the positive displacement blower is pretty awesome down low for my heavy pig of a truck. I still have my 4wd hooked up so I can launch it and hurt feelings for about 60’ 😬
Old 05-28-2019, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I hear ya. I gotta say the positive displacement blower is pretty awesome down low for my heavy pig of a truck. I still have my 4wd hooked up so I can launch it and hurt feelings for about 60’ 😬

Thats my problem, the first 60'.... hahah manual trans problems.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Cool

awe yea. awe yea. finally pulled the trigger on some more crack. Also picked up a Holley Terminator X for it. Largely for the closed loop wide band control, and self learning. Figured if I sell me 2 channel wide band, HP Tuners, 2 step, and the saved dyno time ill come out ahead money wise with the standalone swap and have a more robust system.

Obviously been knuckle dragging on this pretty hard. Hoping to have it back together in the next 4-6 weeks.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome job! I have been thinking about the Terminator X as well. Only have to figure out how to get the correct signal to the speedo, ABS, and cruise.

Looking forward to more updates on this with the new parts!