PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya the new bed would most likely be your cheapest way out I would think and would be cleaner then trying to patch up yours. You would need to keep it lined up some how if you cut it in half and hope the tail gate still latches.

This might be a dumb question but would there be a way to hinge your cage at the cab and put pins at the bottom kinda like what they do for the cab doors makes it easyer to enter and still be legal?
Old 06-14-2016, 12:23 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by smoketrail
Ya the new bed would most likely be your cheapest way out I would think and would be cleaner then trying to patch up yours. You would need to keep it lined up some how if you cut it in half and hope the tail gate still latches.

This might be a dumb question but would there be a way to hinge your cage at the cab and put pins at the bottom kinda like what they do for the cab doors makes it easyer to enter and still be legal?
no go on the cage suggestion.

If I was to cut a bed in half, I would put flanges/bolts on it first, then cut it. That way it has a way to line right back up and bolt together.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown06
no go on the cage suggestion.

If I was to cut a bed in half, I would put flanges/bolts on it first, then cut it. That way it has a way to line right back up and bolt together.
ill try to remember top send you some pictures of how im doing mine tonight
Old 06-14-2016, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

if you look on lmc truck a replacement bedside is $370 or that replacement wheel well section is only 60$

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories
Old 06-15-2016, 03:08 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by sprayedenali
ill try to remember top send you some pictures of how im doing mine tonight
still waiting

Originally Posted by 89sierra
if you look on lmc truck a replacement bedside is $370 or that replacement wheel well section is only 60$

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories
thx
Old 06-15-2016, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown06
still waiting

thx
yeah i forgot haha
Old 06-16-2016, 12:49 AM
8 Second Truck Club

still ****'n wait''n
Old 07-25-2016, 01:36 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Haven't checked on this thread in several weeks. To my surprise.......over half a million views! Of course that's spread over many years, but still cool non the less.

I'm actually hoping to make some progress on the truck this week. I've just about got the fire wall all finished up. Had to fill that big *** hole where the A2W was and since I was already cutting and welding, I've decided to just do the entire firewall, filling all the little holes and cutting all those stupid little studs off that seem to cut me everytime I work on it.

Once the firewall is done, I hope to address the bed issues. Anyone near the houston area know where I can get a good straight un-cut bed?
Old 10-14-2016, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Hey man just got done reading this thread top to bottom, and just wanted to say props!
Your truck is so sick cant believe the attention to detail in it, really inspiring!
Old 10-15-2016, 12:51 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by jroctpb
Hey man just got done reading this thread top to bottom, and just wanted to say props!
Your truck is so sick cant believe the attention to detail in it, really inspiring!
Thanks. Its gonna really be good if I can get it back together. Money wise, I'm pretty close, probably within a few thousand which isn't too bad if I can get some steady income coming in.

Labor wise, there is still a lot of stuff to do. The thing that sets me back so bad when I make big changes like this is that I just can't bring myself to getting out there and slamming it together. Sometimes my attention to detail and wanting to have nice looking **** hurts me. However, there is something to be said about making sure everything is done right. When I go to the track.....I make passes and don't typically have little nagging problems to sort out.

Updates are coming I swear......

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More