PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

2008 yukon build.....Err uh mod thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default 2008 yukon build.....Err uh mod thread

This is the yukon i traded my 13 ccsb in on.... It is the kid carrier/road trip vehicle so probably not going to go too nuts on it some little mild stuff here and there as time and money permit.....

The night i test drove it and sign paperwork

The tahoe they gave me to drive while the put the yukon through predelivery stuff, in retrospect i shouldve probably gone ahead and gotten it or the burgandy one they had, but as you can see by my camaro on the right i have a thing about black vehicles!!!
Old 12-20-2015, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

First order of business..... Making her purr!!!!(thanks jordanh!!)

Removed the stock exhaust....started to have a slight rattle to it.... Time to go

The disintegrating flex joint
Old 12-20-2015, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

And now for the flowaster force II installation.....

Sadly this happened tightening it back up about the time it snugged up it snapped!!! broke out air hammer and a 10x1.5 bolt and all better now!!!

Just the tip.....

Everything installed

Need to heat this bracket up and bend it over a bit, oddly the flowmaster setup had an offset inlet and center outlet but factory was the opposite....

I wanted band clamps but for $6 for two clamps vs 13/ each on this il take the $6 pair abd run with em....

Did run into an issue with the hanger on the extension pipe behind the y hitting the frame so i had to trim that up saturday...
Old 12-20-2015, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Next on the list is dod delete and lq9 cam while im there, unless i come across a 6.0/6.2 6l80 w/ harness cheap before then(not likely but never know, one can dream) plan on vette servo, cold air intake/air box upgrade something to help her flow a bit better. I have a non dod valley cover ordered.... $34, will order my lifter trays tomorrow, $6.50/each.... Then need some lifters, head, valve cover, timing cover and water pump gaskets, a set of head bolts crank bolt, and the time to do it and money to get it tuned.....
Old 12-20-2015, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Almost forgot the door handles on all 4 doors are peeling, the dealership gave me a set of chrome handles, wishing i had talked them into the black textured handles instead, but i will probably install the chrome ones thus week sometime unless i can find someone that wants to trade them for some black textured ones.... Also have to replace all of the power socket covers, every damned one of them is broken!!
Old 12-21-2015, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looks like my dod delete may have been postponed, my buddy finally decided to show back up with my lq9 cam i had given him to put in his 2000 tahoe (which hes now tlking about either trading in or going a whole different direction with) and it looks like crap, looks like it sat on a rag or cardboard box and has some slight surface rust on it, hoping i can soak it in some trans fluid or penetrating oil and clean it up, if not i will probably have to wait til i get the cam for my 99 and take the cam thats in it now and stuff it in the yukon, hopefully it acts better in the 5.3 than it does in the 6.0.... Still hoping to clean up the lq9 cam though..... Have seen worse cleaned up and used....

On another note i got to looking in depth at the tube from the air box to the throttle body,why did gm feel the need for three separate baffles on the nnbs, theres one that runs the length of the engine under the engine cover another that hangs off the front of the tube and another that faces the ac compressor.... I had seen an aftermarket tube somewhere that replaces that, and maybe the lid wanna say it was a gm performance parts piece not sire though.... Thinking about fguring out how to delete the baffles and replace the accordian looking portion of the intake tube with something a bit smoother and opening up and sealing the front of the box, figure it will be a fraction of even a cheap cai.. Ideas??

Last edited by Wolftrk99; 12-21-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Fine, here is a post you bum.

Nice truck, too clean!!! ;-)
Old 12-23-2015, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Got my lifter trays and valley cover in today, too busy to take pics today but will get some tomorrow, as for my cam... Back to drawing board, my buddy not soaking the cam has screwed it past point of being salvaged.... i should have my lifters by end of weekend though..... Still amassing parts for my dod delete..
Old 12-24-2015, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

The parts gathering has begun!!! My first purchases towards dod delete....

Lifter trays, have 4 didnt see point in taking individual pics....$27.54 for the set

Non dod valley cover $34
Old 12-24-2015, 03:16 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Airaid makes a new intake tube and a replacement air filter. They call it a Jr. kit.

Or you can just purchase the tube through airaid.

The GM Performance parts kit has a whole new air box.

Show pictures of the cam and the damage.

Quick Reply: 2008 yukon build.....Err uh mod thread