PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

**Three6GMC Official Build Thread**

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Dont happen to have an extra input for that t case do ya? Lol
Input shaft? Nothing special about the one I have other then its 300m lol. Same as any other 4l80e 4x4 output shaft.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I was joking, need find 32spline input shaft for the mp3023 transfer case in my yukon to mate to a 6l80.... The pic you had posted reminded me of that...
Old 07-20-2016, 07:31 AM
TECH Addict

Oh ok gotcha... Who's making those now a days? Been awhile since I looked those up.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:46 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 375 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Three6GMC
I know I wanted to but the engine builders I talked to and tuner didn't really seem too thrilled about it. Will see what the final iteration is because I change my mind about stuff ALL the time lol.

For the heat exchanger it's gonna be a unit from D3, more then likely the one for the camaros or CTSVs.
Thats because they dont want to have to deal with anything different from what they have seen before. It would work just fine
Old 07-20-2016, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Oh ok gotcha... Who's making those now a days? Been awhile since I looked those up.
Gm about only one i could find...been trying to find a used one but they dont seem to get used very often hell even all the ised tcase ive found have been from 4l60/70s and wont work
Old 07-20-2016, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Atomic
Thats because they dont want to have to deal with anything different from what they have seen before. It would work just fine
The only issue was with the length of pipe from the driver side to the passenger side. My thinking is just make the passenger side inlet pipe to the turbo a little longer to more or less match the length of the pipe that has to run across the motor from the driver side. I think I have the room and def going to try it. I def do things different then the norm so not giving up on that orientation just yet. It's just material and time. I'll keep playing with it and see what I end up with.

I do think swapping to the bigger air/water intercooler was a better idea even though the 417 one looks damn good stacked up liked that in the intake. Now just to make it all fit and work.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Gm about only one i could find...been trying to find a used one but they dont seem to get used very often hell even all the ised tcase ive found have been from 4l60/70s and wont work
Yeah that's going to be a hard one. The 6l80 t cases already come with a 32 spline input so no need to swap them out so really wouldn't be any floating around for sale unless you bought the whole transfer case. I'll keep an eye out around here and see if I see any. Seems to be GM central down here in South Texas so something bound to come up.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:29 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 375 Likes on 256 Posts

The only issue was with the length of pipe from the driver side to the passenger side. My thinking is just make the passenger side inlet pipe to the turbo a little longer to more or less match the length of the pipe that has to run across the motor from the driver side. I think I have the room and def going to try it. I def do things different then the norm so not giving up on that orientation just yet. It's just material and time. I'll keep playing with it and see what I end up with.
Ive heard that argument countless times of people saying why log manifolds on these trucks wont work, but guess what, they work just fine. One pipe being a little longer than the other wont make a bit of difference in the real world.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah that's going to be a hard one. The 6l80 t cases already come with a 32 spline input so no need to swap them out so really wouldn't be any floating around for sale unless you bought the whole transfer case. I'll keep an eye out around here and see if I see any. Seems to be GM central down here in South Texas so something bound to come up.
I appreciate it, let me know!
Old 07-20-2016, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Atomic
Ive heard that argument countless times of people saying why log manifolds on these trucks wont work, but guess what, they work just fine. One pipe being a little longer than the other wont make a bit of difference in the real world.
Yep I argue the same thing, I really doubt an extra 8-12 inches is really going to matter so will see. At the end of the day it's my truck and my fab so will see what I end up with.

Quick Reply: **Three6GMC Official Build Thread**