NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Zex bottle warmer woes....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zex bottle warmer woes....

I have had zero luck with my zex bottle warmer keeping the pressure up on my bottle. I cut it on, it stays on for a few minutes, then shuts off. No way it has time to warm the bottle to the proper pressure. Even after an hour of it being on, its still cuts on and off WAY too much to do any good. What brand bottle warmer should I get? What are you guys having success with? i'm not looking to spend a damn fortune on a warmer, just one that does the job.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Iron Destruction Director

does that ZEX have a themostat? If so maybe bypass it...or insulate it so it doesnt cut off so much. I generally do not use any type of thermostat and would rather use a switch while monitoring the pressure. The Heaters that come with the pressure switches to control the on/off for the heater work very well. I would recomend one of those.

Also consider a bottle blanket...it will do wonders. Especially if your bottle is exposed to cool ambiant air.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a Cold Fusion heater on the Wood Hauler's truck. It doesn't use a thermostat but he has a gauge on his steering pod so he can monitor it and switch it on and off as needed. He got his off e-bay for like $70.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

I would be careful if you bypass anything with the zex or doing anything to trick it into heating more than it is meant to. Simply because if you forget it... well if that bottle gets hot enuff you know what could happen.

I would suggest a Nitrous Express as they are pressure regulated to 1050 degrees. I had one for sell still in the packaging and a member on this board bought it within an hour or two of me posting. I know $125 was low but that's right at what I paid for it. You'll probably end up around $200 for a new one. But well worth the money IMO.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would go with the Nitrous Direct/Cold fusion automatic heater. It's a 300 watt pressure regulated type. It will heat your bottle in 80% of the time it takes a 240watt NX heater (I have one). Also, using a bottle blanket will speed heating time up and keep it hot and at pressure longer. We have a very trick blanket. We had a special going for purchasing a auto heater, and then you get a free b/blanket. If anyones interested give me a pm and I'll see what I can do for ya.

Robert
Old 01-11-2006, 08:19 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Originally Posted by Robert56
I would go with the Nitrous Direct/Cold fusion automatic heater. It's a 300 watt pressure regulated type. It will heat your bottle in 80% of the time it takes a 240watt NX heater (I have one). Also, using a bottle blanket will speed heating time up and keep it hot and at pressure longer. We have a very trick blanket. We had a special going for purchasing a auto heater, and then you get a free b/blanket. If anyones interested give me a pm and I'll see what I can do for ya.

Robert
Robert,
NX does use a 240 watt heater element however it is black and looks very nice.I have not seen any problem with them as far as heat up time.I have one on my car.. Now while we are comparing heaters. lets talk about pressure switches.. THe NX pressure switch is a heavy duty switch that is built to take 1250 psi with no problem. From looking at the picture you have the Cold fusion is using a pressure switch that is made of plastic.. A hobs switch to be exact. So I did a phone call to check on it. From what I came up with this unit is only rated up to 500 psi.. I feel that a plastic switch would be dangerous.. Please feel me in if I am wrong. Not looking for an argument just asking...

WE offer a inhouse kit using a adjustable pressure switch and a NX black element for 150.00..

Now lets go ahead and move on and talk about the 860 heater.
This unit is 300 watts.Its basically a hotplate with bottle brackets.A nice pressure switch that is adjustable and sells for 200.00..

Now the best deal on the net. As much as I hate saying this. I personally prefer the 860 over any of the heaters available..

But if you are looking for a element style heater. Dynotune has a adjustable heater with a black element on sale right now for 139.00 wow.....
They have the same pressure switch 860 uses and we use. Its a nice kit and at 139.00 it gets my fdeal of the day stamp.LOL
Old 01-11-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well I have personaly tested heating time between the 240watt NX heater and a NOS 300 watt heater. Any 300 watter is aprox 20% faster heating a bottle. tested numerous times on diff temp days. I have a NX transducer, but chose not to use it because I personaly thought that it looked gawdy hanging off the side of my bottle. All of my stuff is on display and this just wasn't what I was looking for. I am using electro thermo transducers, which heat bottle to a 95* temp which is 1050 psi. As for the color of the blanket, that really is not a concern to most, as if your going to the trouble of heating your bottle, you'll want a blanket also to help heat faster and to hold heat longer, so color isn't a concern. As for the Hobbs and the implication that it'll blow apart is silly, a company is going to put themselves on the line for a pasel of law suits, I don't think so. Dyno Tune does have a good deal and quality stuff (I run Dyno Tune on my set-up also), however, our 300 watter and a free trick b/blanket ($30 value) is the best $$ deal going.
Robert
Old 01-11-2006, 09:48 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Robert, I actually just came back to delete my post thinking it may be out of line.But since we are talking about different heaters and we are grown up enough to not turn this into a my heater is better than you heater post I do want to ask some nosey questions.

Oh and yes I can believe that a 300 watt will heat a little faster than a 240 watt but its also pulls more voltage...

What is the pressure switch that you guys are using rated to hold. I was told that they did not suggest anything over 500 psi. I could be way wrong.Just going by what I was told. If my post is out of line feel free to delete both post from me.I am not trying to start trouble.
Dave
Old 01-11-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

No I didn't think it was out of line. just a way to get info out on diff heaters and deals. It's up to the end user to make the ultimate choice based on info presented. No worry. I'll check on the Hobbs, but my gut feeling is it's fine, and not the only company to use them on their heaters. Had a sponsor pm me about stating that the New wet kit nozzles were heard to be cad plated brass instead of the Stainless Steel I had stated. Fact is they are SS nozzles unlike most aluim from other companys. So, a lot of hear-say and rumors concerning the quality of Cold Fusion, but I just debunk them as I go. Just like some try to imply that CF noids aren't that good when in fact they come from the same manufacturer that supplies one of the nitrous companys known for #1 quality. This is ok though because it's just a chance to state the real facts and promote the quality/value that is really there.
Robert
Old 01-11-2006, 10:27 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

ouch well that was not me however I do not have one of the most modern nozzles from cold fusion. However there older ones were not stainless from what I remember.It was brass and plated.All you have to do is grind on it to see. However its still a good nozzle.Its a knock off of the vortec nozzle every company has copied it at some time or another.There are better nozzles but that one is ok. As for the solenoids.Just because they come from the same place does not mean they are the same solenoid.There are lots of differences between solenoids.Its a good practice to search pass the name. Orfice size,desighn and the parts the solenoid is made out of play a factor also. So my post are in no way discrediting anything from cold fusion. I agree it is a lowbudget system that works..

Dave

Quick Reply: Zex bottle warmer woes....