NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Zex bottle warmer woes....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:30 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
No I didn't think it was out of line. just a way to get info out on diff heaters and deals. It's up to the end user to make the ultimate choice based on info presented. No worry. I'll check on the Hobbs, but my gut feeling is it's fine, and not the only company to use them on their heaters. Had a sponsor pm me about stating that the New wet kit nozzles were heard to be cad plated brass instead of the Stainless Steel I had stated. Fact is they are SS nozzles unlike most aluim from other companys. So, a lot of hear-say and rumors concerning the quality of Cold Fusion, but I just debunk them as I go. Just like some try to imply that CF noids aren't that good when in fact they come from the same manufacturer that supplies one of the nitrous companys known for #1 quality. This is ok though because it's just a chance to state the real facts and promote the quality/value that is really there.
Robert

Ohh Robert. What other companys use a hobbs switch for a heater pressure regulater.Im not aware of any.
Dave
Old 01-11-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

I say highest quality, at a budget price. No giant overhead to cause price to be high. So, let the end user decide, high quality kit at a budget price, or a high quality kit at a high price, which would you like? Wait till you guys see the stuff coming. we are on the move.
Robert
Old 01-11-2006, 11:23 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Originally Posted by Robert56
I say highest quality, at a budget price. No giant overhead to cause price to be high. So, let the end user decide, high quality kit at a budget price, or a high quality kit at a high price, which would you like? Wait till you guys see the stuff coming. we are on the move.
Robert
Robert. You keep trying to compare systems..Thats not what I am doing. However if you would like to I have a nice break down with very detailed photos showing the differences between the systems I have some I am itching to share.So to say that our systems that sell at 499.00 to 525.00 is a high price for high quality is obsurb 30 dollars is a small price to pay for bigger solenoids with purge port.Better higher flowing bottle valve,quick release stainless stell bottle brackets.. I guess I am confused.. Add the same parts in and then sell it for the same price.Then I will be impressed
Dave
Old 01-11-2006, 11:47 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Ok to get back on track....

The Zex bottle heater has the thermostate made to the element.I do not know if you can bypass it.
Dave
Old 01-12-2006, 12:12 AM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

Robert,
I stand corrected about the cold fusion pressure switch. I must have been mis informed about how much pressure it can go up to. Im still not a fan off the switch.I think for a little more you can use a much better switch.
If its Hobbs PN 79708 or 79710 it has a max adjustabilty ot only 1000 psi and has a differential of 180 psi. This means if you set it to 900 psi....it has a repeatabilty of + or - 90 psi (180 total). So if you set it for 900 psi it may be 810 or 990. The max you can get your bottle to is 1000 psi and with the differential....you actually may only get 910 psi...

THe NX is about +/- 20 for a differential of about 40 psi.

The adjustable one we use is within +/0-25. for abut a 50 psi differential. and adjust to 1250 psi..

I just wanted to set the record straight..

The one we use is the same as the Dyno tune. So back to the best deal..While you are giving away a bottle blanket.Dyno tune is using a better pressure switch.So the value is in the eye of the beholder.
Dave
Old 01-12-2006, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

The more info you guys give on these bottle heaters, the harder it is to decide on which one to use. I know one thing is for sure.....all of the products you two are descibing seem to be light years ahead of this zex heater I am currently running. I'm going to be going back through all of the information posted here and hopefully will be making a decision on which heater I'm going to use. Both heaters seem to be of high quality and obviously both are very well backed by the company offering them.

Always tough to decide between quality products and great customer service!!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor

Just bypass the thermostat and buy a pressure switch, U R Done.
Ricky
Old 01-12-2006, 11:50 AM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

I did not relize you could bypass the thermostat on the zex heater. However after talking to Ricky you can just cut it out and buy a pressure switch and run what you have.
Here is a link to our adjustable pressure switch.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/outlet/...section_id=154
Dave
Old 01-12-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I did not relize you could bypass the thermostat on the zex heater. However after talking to Ricky you can just cut it out and buy a pressure switch and run what you have.
Here is a link to our adjustable pressure switch.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/outlet/...section_id=154
Dave
Good deal!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor

I said I could do it, but I am rather a savy person. lol
Ricky

Quick Reply: Zex bottle warmer woes....