NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Never used Nitrous and looking to get into it

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not mind spending the money and on the safety stuff. I what something to give me years of use with out blowing my motor.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is that product--
And free shipping

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...age=1&featured
Old 08-13-2009, 11:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey eric, glad ya brought this post up, as i am in the same boat, but not until after this year, wanna see what my best NA times will be, then i'll put the juice to it, i figure a good 150 shot is my limit, you having arp rod bolts and stuff you maybe able to push a 175-200 comfortably but nothing much more.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:18 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

there are some nice 400 dollar kits out there cold fusion is one. nitrous outlet has a few too.

as for safety, just put on a window switch to cut it off at the upper rpm incase you blow a trans or rear end, a FPSS to shut it off if your fuel pump quits and you should be ready to rock.

theres been tons of guys going over 200 shot on stock bottom ends without any problems. just keep a good tune in there and watch your plugs and it should be fine. i say start it off with a 125 shot. 100 shot wasnt any fun for me at all...the 125 felt like a world of difference.

if your not in a hurry you can piece **** together like i did but it took me 2 years lol. ive got about 700 dollars into a $2,000+ system. its easier to just grab one of nitrous outlets plate kits, throw on a window and fpss and be done with it.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
there are some nice 400 dollar kits out there cold fusion is one. nitrous outlet has a few too.

as for safety, just put on a window switch to cut it off at the upper rpm incase you blow a trans or rear end, a FPSS to shut it off if your fuel pump quits and you should be ready to rock.

theres been tons of guys going over 200 shot on stock bottom ends without any problems. just keep a good tune in there and watch your plugs and it should be fine. i say start it off with a 125 shot. 100 shot wasnt any fun for me at all...the 125 felt like a world of difference.

if your not in a hurry you can piece **** together like i did but it took me 2 years lol. ive got about 700 dollars into a $2,000+ system. its easier to just grab one of nitrous outlets plate kits, throw on a window and fpss and be done with it.
I was in a similar situation. I owned 3 different nitrous kits before I finally put mine on. Now I have a used kit with bastard parts from just about every manufacturer you can think of.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:25 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
I was in a similar situation. I owned 3 different nitrous kits before I finally put mine on. Now I have a used kit with bastard parts from just about every manufacturer you can think of.
mine was pieced but its not a bastard kit IMO. somehow it came out all matching lol. didnt plan it that way but i dont mind.

NX wet kit good to 250 shot
NX purge
NX bottle jacket
NX bottle heater with auto pressure sensor
FJO 2 stage progressive controller with high and low windows
Nitrous outlet 90mm plate
Nitrous outlet switch panel

i sold my NX e-bottle opener.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Haha mine is:
Nitrous Express Bottle
Nitrous Express Solenoids
Nitrous Express Purge
Nitrous Express Bottle Pressure Regulator
Nitrous Express FPSS
NOS Bottle Heater
HSW Plate Kit
HSW Blowdown tube kit
HSW WOT Switch
MSD Window Switch
NGK TR6 Plugs

I guess it's not too too bad, but still definitely not a single kit.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skeet
hey eric, glad ya brought this post up, as i am in the same boat, but not until after this year, wanna see what my best NA times will be, then i'll put the juice to it, i figure a good 150 shot is my limit, you having arp rod bolts and stuff you maybe able to push a 175-200 comfortably but nothing much more.
I hear you skeet, I have a few bolt on to try out. After all the bolt on's will come the juice. I plan to have a cage in the truck before next year.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I have contacted the guys from Nitrous outlet maybe I will leap if the next few months
Old 09-01-2009, 10:22 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am thinking about this too...any preferences on wet or dry?
Stewart, Mark, you guys are running a wet kit I take it?

Quick Reply: Never used Nitrous and looking to get into it