Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hsw dry nitrous kit

ill be getting the hsw dry nitrous kit with bottle
bottle heater
tr6 plugs
what is a good window switch that is pretty cheap that works on our trucks?
will the mallory window switch work?
im goin to activate the nitrous at 3200 and shut it off at 5800, probly be a 100rwhp shot.
tuned by nelson for the spray

any other suggestions?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Banned

if your running a dry, i would suggest using harris speed works interface to adjust the fuel side a little bit so you dont run it lean ! and i love my micro edge for my window switch.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by badass05chevy
if your running a dry, i would suggest using harris speed works interface to adjust the fuel side a little bit so you dont run it lean ! and i love my micro edge for my window switch.
i have the micro controller on my trans am and i really like it too. i may just save up a bit longer and order them both. how hard is the maf interface to use?
Old 03-20-2011, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice to see someone else running a dry kit! I have an HSW/Nitrous Outlet set up myself, I'm running the Interface with my kit. Nozzle mounted after the MAF sensor. Still need a bottle heater for mine. I had a problem with some HSW parts and I really wasn't getting any help from their customer service people so went to N.O. and they are setting me up with the parts I need. Still need to get the kit back togethe,
Old 03-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Steve-O-08
Nice to see someone else running a dry kit! I have an HSW/Nitrous Outlet set up myself, I'm running the Interface with my kit. Nozzle mounted after the MAF sensor. Still need a bottle heater for mine. I had a problem with some HSW parts and I really wasn't getting any help from their customer service people so went to N.O. and they are setting me up with the parts I need. Still need to get the kit back togethe,
i actually bought a custom window switch on ebay that im goin to use, it is pre programed to turn on at 3200 and shut off at 5800. so im goin to try that and then im trying to figure out what i want to do with my tune. i have the truck tuned for 87 octane by nelson. would i be able to spray 100hp dry by just running 91 octane on that tune? then i can pull timeing and go with a bigger shot wen i get the maf interface.

Last edited by kalebm22; 03-23-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kalebm22
i actually found a custom window switch on ebay that im goin to try out, it is pre programed to turn on at 3200 and shut off at 5800. .
Good luck but I wouldn't buy a window switch you cant set. I would also be scared to buy an electrical part like this on ebay and trust it to controll my nitrous set up.

Hopefully it works out for you but I would STONGLY reconsider you intent to buy an ebay window switch.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:29 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by custm2500
Good luck but I wouldn't buy a window switch you cant set. I would also be scared to buy an electrical part like this on ebay and trust it to controll my nitrous set up.

Hopefully it works out for you but I would STONGLY reconsider you intent to buy an ebay window switch.
well my buddy has been using the same window switch on his mustang for over a year now with no issues. and i like it because it is easy to hide. the truck is definately bein made to be a sleeper. everything is hidden and i had them program it for 3200 to 5800 because that is safe rpms for my shift points. i dont plan on changin it.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Good luck. At least you have a friend without issues so you aren't the Guinea pig.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Restricted User

ya, but i just checked my order status on the kit and it said they refunded my money and cancled my order. there was no explenation and i cant get ahold of them. im pretty iritated with them now, makes me want to shop with another dealer. but their is a hold on the money right now so idk wat to do
Old 03-24-2011, 06:28 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

The eBay dealer? If so take it as a sign from the performance gods and buy a proven reliable window switch. I paid $100 for my used msd. I can't figure you are getting that non adjustable junk for much less then that anyhow.

Quick Reply: hsw dry nitrous kit