MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

WOW! Tundras are kinda...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, that is the most rediculous comparison I have ever seen.....I mean, because something moves does not mean its worse, infact, maybe the body is taking more of the impact than the driver.....what about racing, the cars get fucked up but the driver is fine.......its called displacing energy. Its hard to argue with sales, reliabilty and power.......seems like some us companies are getting a their butt hurt.........that being said, i have had 4 domestics and 1 foreign car before anyone jumps on me
Old 12-14-2007, 04:28 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay, i'm lost on that one. everyone knows that you need stability. you can't have a vehicle that acts like its jello when you hit a rough road, that'll cause poor handling. We have wash board roads around here and the last thing you want when you drive down one is the bed flopping around transfering weight from one side to the other. The wheels need to be touching the ground or else whats the point?
When your frame twists like that things break and handling is greatly decreased. The body can displace energy and still be stable. According to your displacement of energy technique the more the body jumps around the better it can take a hit. The F150 which did great in the suspension test earned a 5 star front and side crash rating, the Tundra, which bounced around like flubber, earned a 4 star front and side crash rating.

The Power is under the hood, The sales is advertising and Body Style, and reliability is too early to tell on the new trucks because they are still working out kinks and breaking cams.
I'm not saying one truck is better than the other, I like the new tundra, it looks great and has alot of power, I like the ford because it's a great durable farm truck, and I like chevy because it's easy to work on, reliable and still has plenty of power under the hood. I just didn't see how you thought it was safer for a vehicle to shake like an epileptic kid on mushrooms at cirque du soleil.

I want to see a more fair comparison tho. And where was dodge in these tests?
Old 12-14-2007, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, i def. dont have a degree in physics i was just making a point, it just seems like a weak comparison to me, that being said, im not in the market for a new truck at all lol. I wasnt stating "displacement" theory as fact just for the record, i think i said maybe in there somewhere hahaha.