Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

JUST got Fu*ked by classified sale from member "Bumpers"

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUST got Fu*ked by classified sale from member "Bumpers"

Now after the tranny getting fried from my "Yank" converter it was sold as. After paying thousands for a built custom tranny, and then shipping back to Yank. Just got the update, the converter is not even their converter or a Yank, plus its been cut and welded so many times its no material left to work with. Its basically scrap metal. I HEARD it going into the dump real time.

So it looks like my built 65e will get a stock converter. lol Minus the cost I payed for a so called "Yank" in classified section. Then a tranny rebuild, plus the cost to ship 48lbs back to Yank.

Yank customer service was great by the way, just wanted to share my story.
so my trans been siting for 2 weeks now atleast.

Mods feel free to move where this is appropriate.

Original sale thread
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=473454

Last edited by dewmanshu; 05-16-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: added original sale thread
Old 05-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll move as soon as you place your beef with the seller. I am sure all the other members would like to know who scammed you. And I'll help you out in your thread title as well, PT didn't screw you, a person who is a member did.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to know the persons name who dicked you, as I will steer clear of them for sure.. Thats sucks
Old 05-16-2011, 01:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I'll move as soon as you place your beef with the seller. I am sure all the other members would like to know who scammed you. And I'll help you out in your thread title as well, PT didn't screw you, a person who is a member did.
Thanks man, okay seller was Bumpers. I was told by Dave at Yank that Company called DDTP. is labeled or they did work or their converter as its blue in color.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Praise The Lowered

WOW...Sorry to hear of your misfortunes...I was eyeballing that converter too...The seller needs to make things right..asap!
Old 05-16-2011, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I would like to know the persons name who dicked you, as I will steer clear of them for sure.. Thats sucks
I was going to re-sell it as a YANK on classifieds, after it took my tranny out so somone can have it CUT & Clean. But luckly I decided to send it to Yank my self and spare someone else.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

Well I miss my baby. I fired it up last week with just the longtubes and it roars instantly. I need to get on the road, it sucks, and its been about 5 mnths atleast... rrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 05-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Baltimore Whore

BUMPERS?? wow, have you try to contact him?? He is a stand up guy, I have dealt with him.. I would have been leary to it being a yank, because I have never seen a yank that was blue.. Get ahold of him.. Im not taking sides or defending him, but he seems pretty legit.. Sorry for the bs..
Old 05-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thread name has been changed to call out member that you purchased from and thread is now in "Member Feedback. I linked the sale thread in your original post, please check it and make sure it is correct. You understand there is always two sides to a story/sale (no matter how obvious the wrong doing may seem) and the other party deserves a chance to state their side, or not, and make things right, or not. I hope you find a good solution. I would suggest doing a trader feedback as well.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

the member on here who i bought the converter from a few years ago sold it to me as a yank converter... yes its painted blue but look at the scratches you can see the yank orange paint. I dont know any different all i know about the converter is that it was suppost to be a yank tt3000 and that the person i bought it from had it clean and cut and a few other little things done by another company then yank...

from what i understood it was painted after it was cleaned and cut and loosened up alittle but the case is orange under the blue and from what i was told it was a yank converter. No yank may not claim it now that someone else has been into it i dont know

heres my forsale thread on it and its not like i didnt say that it was in my truck when the transmission blew and as long as i had the converter it never had a single problem so i had no idea
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=473454

Last edited by Bumpers; 05-16-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Quick Reply: JUST got Fu*ked by classified sale from member "Bumpers"