Old 09-22-2014, 06:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump... Any ideas
Old 09-22-2014, 07:49 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by 01silvy
Yeah i just dont wanna risk any problems 10k-20k miles later if it could have been avoided. I will ask him to check the heads over really good before i dump a lot of parts in them anyway. I told you that on the valve that was bent really bad that half of the guide came out with the seal. So i know that guide and valve will have to be replaced.
Another question guys... I have to replace a knock sensor to pass inspection in the next couple months and i wanted to go ahead and swap in my new injectors that i wanted to run with my build. Would 38 LB. injectors supply enough fuel for this build? Also could i go ahead and install these injectors when i replace my knock sensors and just have Justin make the changes in the tune and run those 38lb injectors with just bolt ons? Thanks guys
A broken guide would definitely warrant replacement.

Replace the knock sensors and tourque them to spec. You may find the pigtail is damaged as well and you may want to replace that sub harness.

I believe those would be fine. Make sure your get everything dialed in before you go in for inspection.

You could post your set up in the fuel injection section and see if its enough. I believe it will be though.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
A broken guide would definitely warrant replacement.

Replace the knock sensors and tourque them to spec. You may find the pigtail is damaged as well and you may want to replace that sub harness.

I believe those would be fine. Make sure your get everything dialed in before you go in for inspection.

You could post your set up in the fuel injection section and see if its enough. I believe it will be though.
Thanks brick, I torqued them last time and did the RTV and everything. Its just the front one going bad. They have only been in for about 50k so I guess it was about time anyway. Parts should be in today and tomorrow but I wont get to them until I get back home Friday. Pics will follow as I get parts.

Thanks for helping out brick, did you get up with Phil about your heads?
Old 09-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Thanks brick, I torqued them last time and did the RTV and everything. Its just the front one going bad. They have only been in for about 50k so I guess it was about time anyway. Parts should be in today and tomorrow but I wont get to them until I get back home Friday. Pics will follow as I get parts.

Thanks for helping out brick, did you get up with Phil about your heads?
No, I am not ready for that right now but I did pick up a set of 241 castings for just over $100 a few weeks back.

I ended up with a Free 5.3L short block last week while I was at the machine shop getting some other heads cleaned up. I have a bunch of parts laying around from a 4.8 that I need to get rid of so I was thinking about slapping something cheap together...
Old 09-24-2014, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
No, I am not ready for that right now but I did pick up a set of 241 castings for just over $100 a few weeks back.

I ended up with a Free 5.3L short block last week while I was at the machine shop getting some other heads cleaned up. I have a bunch of parts laying around from a 4.8 that I need to get rid of so I was thinking about slapping something cheap together...
Would boost be involved??

Since i stay at base all week and go home on the weekends i have had all my stuff shipped to my parents house so they could get it for and so far my shipment from texas speed has arrived and from BTR. I will have to wait until i get home to see if the pistons and rods cam already because they mentioned they might be shipping directly from the manufacture. I am thinking about starting a thread over in the projects section when i take it off to the machine shop because i know this thread will get a lot more traffic over there. Im still waiting to see how much extra it will be to get my block decked before i send the heads off. its going to be a pretty penny for all the head work so i want to make sure i can cover both lol
Old 09-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Would boost be involved??
It just might be... After all it was free...
Old 09-25-2014, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice man, i will want to keep up with that build. When does it start?
Old 09-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Nice man, i will want to keep up with that build. When does it start?
Not sure yet... I need to make a list of parts I don't have.

So far I know I need:

Cam bearings
.020 Main and Rod bearings.
Possibly a reground cam.
Maybe a Summit racing rocker upgrade.
Front and rear main seals.
Side main cap bolts.
1 of the Block plugs is missing. I believe its for oil.
Knock sensors and rubber Grommets for the plate.

I should have everything else either New or Used that I need.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good man. Got some of my parts today. Now just missing the stuff i ordered from BTR. Should be here next week. Im going to finish stripping the block down to just the crank tomorrow and hopefully have it at the machine shop next weekend. I will try to post some of the pics.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here are aome of the parts. Mainly just gaskets.
Attached Thumbnails L33 mild build-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: L33 mild build