Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Ports/Valve buildup pic at 117k miles. Inside intake also.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 04:46 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd be curious to see what mine look like now that I'm at 10K.

I've had AFM disabled most of the time and since I have a wideband and HPT, I logged WOT and they run like a solid 10:1 air/fuel ratio wide open. I changed mine to run closer to 12:1 at WOT.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by JRoyPDX
I'd be curious to see what mine look like now that I'm at 10K.

I've had AFM disabled most of the time and since I have a wideband and HPT, I logged WOT and they run like a solid 10:1 air/fuel ratio wide open. I changed mine to run closer to 12:1 at WOT.
I'd like to see how yours compares.

Man that's rich, I watched a dyno video of an intake swap on one of these trucks and they saw as low as 9.x:1 if I remember correctly with the stock intake setup and it leaned out a hair with the cold air. I need to ask my tuner if he leaned mine out a bit.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:24 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
I'd like to see how yours compares.

Man that's rich, I watched a dyno video of an intake swap on one of these trucks and they saw as low as 9.x:1 if I remember correctly with the stock intake setup and it leaned out a hair with the cold air. I need to ask my tuner if he leaned mine out a bit.
On the gen5 motors there is a table in the power enrichment section (think it's eq ratio) that is your commanded air/fuel mixture at wot. It's set to command a pretty rich mixture, so fixing air fuel is as easy as adjusting this to command a leaner mixture at wot. I have a wideband to confirm it, but once commanded to say 12:1 it will learn and run 12:1.

Adding an intake shouldn't stop it from seeking out that same mixture...
Old 04-20-2018, 12:50 PM
TECH Junkie

On the gen5 motors there is a table in the power enrichment section (think it's eq ratio) that is your commanded air/fuel mixture at wot. It's set to command a pretty rich mixture, so fixing air fuel is as easy as adjusting this to command a leaner mixture at wot. I have a wideband to confirm it, but once commanded to say 12:1 it will learn and run 12:1.

I hear ya, based on that info it shouldn't. They ran the test immediately after installing it so it probably hadn't had enough time to learn and adjust.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah but a stock narrow band o2 gauge can’t read 12:1

in open loop it probably just makes an educated guess based on maf reading. Likely fine if you’re stock, but not fine if your not stock.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:03 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Zman82

yeah but a stock narrow band o2 gauge can’t read 12:1

in open loop it probably just makes an educated guess based on maf reading. Likely fine if you’re stock, but not fine if your not stock.
I'd agree but I don't know if just an air intake is going to make that drastic of a change.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:43 PM
TECH Junkie

I'd agree but I don't know if just an air intake is going to make that drastic of a change.
Cold airs on these trucks see about 15-20 hp back to back on the dyno. The change is fairly drastic. I've seen them tested in videos and spoke to my tuner who also has tested it back to back on the dyno.

Open loop fueling is usually programmed and not adjusted/read, since it is open loop. So under WOT an increase in air is going to lean the mixture.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:03 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Cold airs on these trucks see about 15-20 hp back to back on the dyno. The change is fairly drastic. I've seen them tested in videos and spoke to my tuner who also has tested it back to back on the dyno.

Open loop fueling is usually programmed and not adjusted/read, since it is open loop. So under WOT an increase in air is going to lean the mixture.
hmmph, I wouldn't have figured intakes on these things to have those kind of power potential.