Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

I think its time......

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 759 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001 Sierra
Hmm- sounds like a bit more than just the tip in table I was thinking about. Are you able to see just what that diablo tune alters...……..
Not that I’m aware of. I’m certain if you had their CMR software you could but I don’t.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I agree they are better with a tune, it’s just a damn shame how shitty they are with a stock one. Some people want a daily that remains under warranty and all stock it was unbarable.
hmm idont get it. Weve had 4 k2 trucks (3 right now) and i love my 5.3 6spds. The 8spds on the othet hand are a total **** box. Luckily thats the wifes truck and tuning took care of that

Old 08-17-2018, 05:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001 sierra
hey pooter- ya got 3.08 or 3.42 gears...….

Old 09-05-2018, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
It’s way more than tip in. I think it was the driver demand table. I forget the exact name.
Found that table- but aren't you taking life into your own hands and risk frying the PCM?. Just like the Throttle Body table in previous gens...…….

Old 10-05-2018, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

..?..
Old 10-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001 Sierra
Found that table- but aren't you taking life into your own hands and risk frying the PCM?. Just like the Throttle Body table in previous gens...…….
That only pertains to vehicles with TAC modules. They never updated the description. These days it just sets a permanent fault that can only be cleared by running through a specific drive cycle and also puts it in REP mode. That table looks to be a virtual power request so it will just clip at maximums elsewhere in the calibration. The fault/REP problem arises when that surface is producing a throttle position request. Throttle position is monitored by different pieces of safety software independent of the request. If the measured throttle position is outside the margin of error defined by that safety software, it assumes there is a problem with throttle or throttle control and results in REP. You can ask for a little more throttle position, but not much. HPT has not defined those surfaces in the safety software, so that is why you can't edit that surface much.
The following users liked this post:
Mark Johnson (10-05-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 06:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys! Sorry for the long absence work has been crazy and home has been wild too. I still have my trusted 2003 now with 409,xxx on it. The newer truck is still on the list. Im hoping to make a purchase by the end of the year. I am also looking at the optioned out SLT as well as the Denali's. The only differences I can see between the two are painted bumpers and the gauges. I have a friend that had a loaner from a dealership 5.3l 6 spd silverado and is pretty impressive with with two extra gears compared to mine. The hardest thing about the denali's for me is finding one with the options that I want at the price i want to pay that is NOT black. If i was ok with a black vehicle i would probably already have one. Anything i need to keep an eye out for when I test drive one? Also any dealerships that treated you great? I am willing to drive/fly out to pick one up that matches what im looking for. Thanks guys for all the responses!
Old 10-18-2018, 11:38 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by smokeshow
That only pertains to vehicles with TAC modules. They never updated the description. These days it just sets a permanent fault that can only be cleared by running through a specific drive cycle and also puts it in REP mode. That table looks to be a virtual power request so it will just clip at maximums elsewhere in the calibration. The fault/REP problem arises when that surface is producing a throttle position request. Throttle position is monitored by different pieces of safety software independent of the request. If the measured throttle position is outside the margin of error defined by that safety software, it assumes there is a problem with throttle or throttle control and results in REP. You can ask for a little more throttle position, but not much. HPT has not defined those surfaces in the safety software, so that is why you can't edit that surface much.
Like you know anything about tuning or what is going on in the background...
Old 10-18-2018, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Sc00by
Hey guys! Sorry for the long absence work has been crazy and home has been wild too. I still have my trusted 2003 now with 409,xxx on it. The newer truck is still on the list. Im hoping to make a purchase by the end of the year. I am also looking at the optioned out SLT as well as the Denali's. The only differences I can see between the two are painted bumpers and the gauges. I have a friend that had a loaner from a dealership 5.3l 6 spd silverado and is pretty impressive with with two extra gears compared to mine. The hardest thing about the denali's for me is finding one with the options that I want at the price i want to pay that is NOT black. If i was ok with a black vehicle i would probably already have one. Anything i need to keep an eye out for when I test drive one? Also any dealerships that treated you great? I am willing to drive/fly out to pick one up that matches what im looking for. Thanks guys for all the responses!
A high option SLT is really close to a denali except like you said the gauges are different, painted bumpers, seats have an additional stitching, the grill.. I was hard up on getting a Denali but a couple of things I don't like is the electronic side steps and the magnetic ride control shocks. My buddy has a denali with the electric side steps and I move faster than they do so they end up catching me in the shin or half tripping me when getting out. Annoys me so I'd personally prefer to not have them. And for the magnetic shocks/struts, I'm sure they are great but if you plan to keep the truck long you should price them for when it comes to replace them, I believe it was around 2k for a set of shocks/struts. That was enough for me to look for a high option SLT.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:29 AM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sc00by
If your willing to fly in and drive back just buy from Laura GMC, they are insanely high volume and have tons of trucks to pick from with killer deals. Also keep in mind if you're flexible on options/colors there are going to be a lot of bargains in the next couple months, the 2019s are out and the 2018s are taking up space.

Quick Reply: I think its time......