Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

I think its time......

Old 08-15-2018, 05:39 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Mine was stock, I know anything can be tuned but that isn’t the point. I’ve tuned 6spds and they do clean up some but still suck imo. Don’t get me wrong, they are way better then the 4l60e.

I just think its BS that out of the box the trans programming is so far off, the 4-2 downshift makes the trans go momentary retard. Oh ya, and don’t get me started on the dead throttle pedal. Jake please convince someone at GM to allow normal pedal response. PLEASE.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I just think its BS that out of the box the trans programming is so far off, the 4-2 downshift makes the trans go momentary retard. Oh ya, and don’t get me started on the dead throttle pedal. Jake please convince someone at GM to allow normal pedal response. PLEASE.
Ain't gonna happen- you'll always be restrained stock. Didja hold the button down for Traction control and Stabilitrak disable? granted my 2011 felt like I was fighting the transmission to shift performancewise, and there was always a delay because the computer had to check with the wheel speed sensors that everything is in sync and if the espresso is just the right temperature then you get permission to run a little. I hope it ain't this bad on the 2014's...….

Old 08-15-2018, 07:26 PM
Admin

Traction control and stabilitrak were irrelevant. Once you pass like 35mph they turn back on anyway.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm- sounds like some BCM tweaking needed...………...
Old 08-16-2018, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 753 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001 Sierra
Ain't gonna happen- you'll always be restrained stock. Didja hold the button down for Traction control and Stabilitrak disable? granted my 2011 felt like I was fighting the transmission to shift performancewise, and there was always a delay because the computer had to check with the wheel speed sensors that everything is in sync and if the espresso is just the right temperature then you get permission to run a little. I hope it ain't this bad on the 2014's...….
Before I tuned my 14 the throttle was nearly unresponsive for the first 1/4-1/2 of travel and then it woke up. The transmission was just flat ignorant. Never knew which gear to be in. Going full throttle you could feel it down shift through each gear until it found the gear just higher than it really needed to be and then it would sit for half a second and then down shift one more gear that would then tach it out and then it would upshift and away it would go.

I tried relearning everything, replaced the gas pedal with the new model number, tried the whole paint stick behind the bracket to take out the flex. Nothing helped any of it until I put a tune on it. Even then it’s just the canned Diablo tune and it’s night and day difference. I can spin the tires from a stop, trans knows exactly what to do and when, throttle response is instantaneous. I can’t wait to get a custom tune on it.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:55 AM
Admin

I agree they are better with a tune, it’s just a damn shame how shitty they are with a stock one. Some people want a daily that remains under warranty and all stock it was unbarable.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bgbldodge

Before I tuned my 14 the throttle was nearly unresponsive for the first 1/4-1/2 of travel and then it woke up. The transmission was just flat ignorant. Never knew which gear to be in. Going full throttle you could feel it down shift through each gear until it found the gear just higher than it really needed to be and then it would sit for half a second and then down shift one more gear that would then tach it out and then it would upshift and away it would go.

I tried relearning everything, replaced the gas pedal with the new model number, tried the whole paint stick behind the bracket to take out the flex. Nothing helped any of it until I put a tune on it. Even then it’s just the canned Diablo tune and it’s night and day difference. I can spin the tires from a stop, trans knows exactly what to do and when, throttle response is instantaneous. I can’t wait to get a custom tune on it.
Hmm- sounds like a bit more than just the tip in table I was thinking about. Are you able to see just what that diablo tune alters...……..
Old 08-16-2018, 10:13 AM
Admin

It’s way more than tip in. I think it was the driver demand table. I forget the exact name.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I agree they are better with a tune, it’s just a damn shame how shitty they are with a stock one. Some people want a daily that remains under warranty and all stock it was unbarable.
I fully agree with you there.

Part of the reason I chose used over new was so I could do what I wanted with it and not feel bad. Plus I saved 30k and if the motor or trans takes a dump cause I bought used, who cares when saving 30k. That was my thing anyway.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Pooter- ya got 3.08 or 3.42 gears...….

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I think its time......