Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

New to me nnbs rcsb

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me nnbs rcsb

I've been lurking here for awhile and decided to finally join after picking this up a couple of weeks ago. I make long posts so get comfy.

I had been debating on what newer vehicle to get for quite some time. After paying off one of my other cars, buying an engagement ring, house, wedding, wedding rings, Hawaii honeymoon, and a new honda fit sport for my wife, it was finally my turn. Aside from her honda fit, we have my honda s2000(garage queen/weekend toy), and my s10 daily beater. I was going back and fourth with the idea of keeping all of the vehicles and adding a used g8 gt to the stable, or to replace the s10 with a v8 colorado or a nnbs rcsb. I just knew one way or another I wanted some torque in my life again.

When we went on a nice weekend getaway for my birthday last month, my s10 was stolen out of our driveway. Haven't seen it since. It seemed as if the decision of what vehicle to buy had been made for me. Knowing that the v8 colorados are nearly impossible to find around here I pretty much gave up on the idea. Besides, I want to tow the s2000 to the track, pick up other projects, and the better payload will be nice when I get an opportunity for free steel at work.

After searching for a used black 5.3 6spd rcsb (the only truck I loved enough take out a loan on) and coming up with nothing, I found this one by chance. It was a handful of sacrifices being a 4.8/4spd work truck that doesn't even have cruise control and its not black but the color has grown on me as well as the lack of car payments. The truck I was looking for would have cost twice as much, so now I can justify throwing money at this one!

It's a 2007 4.8 w/t, 85,000mi, 3" control arms, 2" shackles with blocks removed from what I can tell, 24" boss wheels on some crappy loud tires, and bromaster 40's. Also came with 2 jl w6's and jl600 amp with an average pioneer head unit.

First call of duty is to find some oem Texas edition 20's and loose the giant 24" anchors. Maybe oem chrome grill and bumper so it doesn't look like a work truck. I guess tuner/stall/3.73's (I have 3.42) , and whatever else I can find that is carb legal or something I can easily sneak past. Not looking to turn this into something I have to get "taken care of" every two years, there are plenty of pre 76' options and lots of space in my backyard for toys. It is hard to resist going crazy on this truck though, the parts are a bargain in comparison to the price of good parts for the s2000. So far I love it, it's no beast but the torque feels great in comparison to the 4cyl s10 I had been driving for the past few years. I look forward to shaping this into a nice modest sport truck and years of good times on the road.

I do have one question, what's with the crappy seat belts? These things lock up on me constantly and seem to be a hazard. I'll get stuck and have to unlatch and completely roll them back in and put it back on while barreling down the freeway. Was there a recall that the previous owner possibly neglected? Did a search here and found nothing.
Attached Thumbnails New to me nnbs rcsb-truck.jpg  

Last edited by toofarfromjune; 02-27-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congratulations, and welcome to the forum! That's a nice looking truck, although I agree with you about those 24s.

Now ... just think how the torque you're enjoying will improve when you get some sort of intake pressurization device on that 4.8!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats on the nice truck and welcome to the forum. Whereabouts are you from?

I noticed the belt retractors on my 2010 to be very easily locked on bumpy roads when I first got it, but they always unlock themselves fairly quickly and I hardly notice it anymore. If you're really having to completely unbuckle to unlock them, you might need a seat belt extension to fit your waist(no disrespect or judging on my part) or your retractor may be faulty and I'd recommend replacing it.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:14 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice truck. My seatbelt locks up at the stupidest times like messing with the radio n stuff.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NKPPhil
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum! That's a nice looking truck, although I agree with you about those 24s.

Now ... just think how the torque you're enjoying will improve when you get some sort of intake pressurization device on that 4.8!
Thanks, I've been looking into who manufactures the best carb legal supercharger for the 4.8 nnbs, seems like the easiest way to make this thing move and keep it smog legal. I'll probably just do stall/gears/tune and leave it alone until a supercharger is feasible.

Originally Posted by Robert91RS
Congrats on the nice truck and welcome to the forum. Whereabouts are you from?

I noticed the belt retractors on my 2010 to be very easily locked on bumpy roads when I first got it, but they always unlock themselves fairly quickly and I hardly notice it anymore. If you're really having to completely unbuckle to unlock them, you might need a seat belt extension to fit your waist(no disrespect or judging on my part) or your retractor may be faulty and I'd recommend replacing it.
Thanks man, I'm from the S.F Bay Area. I will put my location in my profile when I finish replying to this thread.

Hahaha no disrespect taken, I'm about 130lbs soaking wet so there's no belly holding up the seat belt, might have to look into replacing the retractor.

Originally Posted by RS/SS 4.8
Nice truck. My seatbelt locks up at the stupidest times like messing with the radio n stuff.
Thanks, yeah exactly, at least I'm not the only one I guess.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just curious what you gave for it. I'm toying with selling mine and getting another car. Mines also a 07 rcsb 5.3 one owner with 29000 miles with mods in sig. Looking for a fair to me and buyer starting point.
Thanks
Old 03-02-2014, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice truck , got any pics of that S2000 ???
Old 03-02-2014, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice buy! sounds like you got some good plans for it!
I haven't had any issues with my seat belts locking up, unless its going downhill and braking then it'll lock on me when I reach for something
Old 03-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fast84
Just curious what you gave for it. I'm toying with selling mine and getting another car. Mines also a 07 rcsb 5.3 one owner with 29000 miles with mods in sig. Looking for a fair to me and buyer starting point.
Thanks
$10k. I feel like I paid a heavy regular cab short bed tax considering its a stripped down work truck. It is clean though.

Originally Posted by 1CL3ANSUP3RSPORT
Nice truck , got any pics of that S2000 ???
I am posting from my phone and realize I only have this one crappy garage pic. It's just a clean unmolested first year car with an oem hard top and j's racing 60rs titanium exhaust (catless), aem intake, and koni yellow shocks with eibach ground control adjustable springs.

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K
nice buy! sounds like you got some good plans for it!
I haven't had any issues with my seat belts locking up, unless its going downhill and braking then it'll lock on me when I reach for something
Thanks, I think it was just me being fidgety in a new truck, seems to be a less of a problem as time goes on.
Attached Thumbnails New to me nnbs rcsb-image.jpg  
Old 03-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Teching In

And here's a pic of my little gutless s10 that could. Please let me know if you see it laying on the side of the road somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails New to me nnbs rcsb-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: New to me nnbs rcsb