Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

New to me nnbs rcsb

Old 03-03-2014, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toofarfromjune
And here's a pic of my little gutless s10 that could. Please let me know if you see it laying on the side of the road somewhere.
oh don't hate the dime man haha
the 4cyl ones are gutless as hell... but are great to just cruise and enjoy
Old 03-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K
oh don't hate the dime man haha
the 4cyl ones are gutless as hell... but are great to just cruise and enjoy
For sure, that little thing took me all over the west coast with zero problems, and the cost of ownership (or lack of) helped me save to get my life started. That truck will always be remembered.

It was stolen and I assume will be found on the side of the road because they ditched it, not cause it died. Actually it's been over a month now, maybe it got hacked up? I dunno, sad to think about, she had at least a few more good years left in her.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice buy, if you're planning to change the front end, definitely look into the HD colormatched front ends...In my opinion that's the best looking front end for that style of trucks. There are 2 or 3 turbo kits that are cheap as hell, will give you great power for that 4.8 and can give you room to grow in the future. just plan to change the trans rather quickly as soon as you add some sort of forced induction.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RoidedSS
nice buy, if you're planning to change the front end, definitely look into the HD colormatched front ends...In my opinion that's the best looking front end for that style of trucks. There are 2 or 3 turbo kits that are cheap as hell, will give you great power for that 4.8 and can give you room to grow in the future. just plan to change the trans rather quickly as soon as you add some sort of forced induction.
Yeah the hd fronts look great, it's something id definitely consider after I wake this thing up. Are any of those turbo kits carb/50 state legal?

The one upside I see to the 4l60 is at least they are relatively affordable so when it does go its not going to bankrupt me.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The sts rear mount turbo is the only carb legal one as far as I know... But there are several roots type (TVS, radix) and centrifugal blowers (vortech) that are legal. What part of the bay are you from? Shame to hear about the dime, surprised to hear a (no offense) mundane vehicle was stolen-not that it doesn't happen. The f-bodies and vettes are notorious for being stolen in the east bay....
Old 08-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Richardman1992
The sts rear mount turbo is the only carb legal one as far as I know... But there are several roots type (TVS, radix) and centrifugal blowers (vortech) that are legal. What part of the bay are you from? Shame to hear about the dime, surprised to hear a (no offense) mundane vehicle was stolen-not that it doesn't happen. The f-bodies and vettes are notorious for being stolen in the east bay....
Haha I was just as surprised to see the dime getting stolen, dents/cracks and hellacious scratches on literally every panel, missing center cap. San Lorenzo is where I'm at. Know of any good shops in the bay to get a custom tune? I know good shops when it comes to import/European but not sure who the top choices around here are for late model gm. Do you pass smog with your set up? (Cams/bb tune...)

Here's what I've been up to so far, tinted the windows, changed out the textured front for chrome because too lazy to do hd front and I swapped out the twenty foe's it came with for oem 20's. Also added the dic panel/button and the oem fog switch although I still need to wire up the fogs but again, I'm lazy.
Attached Thumbnails New to me nnbs rcsb-image.jpg  
Old 08-04-2014, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Side shot...
Attached Thumbnails New to me nnbs rcsb-image.jpg  
Old 08-21-2014, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ya bro. Nice upgrades. Keep us posted on ur progress. Its a nice lookin truck