Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Why do we do this??????Need to rant!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do we do this??????Need to rant!

Really,
Is the accerleration, loud stereo,bright lights, rough ride, constant detailing worth it???
Especially when its time to sell?

I live in the Northeast were salt covers the road 4-5 months a year,
I don't drive my truck from Nov- Late April,
I have dumped money into it on details no one with a wallet will ever notice.

I guess I'm just ranting,
I love my step side but I'm not going to loose my *** on it.
I was aking 13,500 for it but there's no market for it up here.
I also look at other 99's and there beat to ****.
So the whole blue book thing is a crock.

All I know is ther's someone out there that would really like my truck, I just go to find them.
All someone needs to do is find a stock truck and add up all the mods and they'll see thousnads of dollars adds up real quick.

other than a few not many here are sucessful in selling there trucks without stripping it and loosing there asses.

Ther's no way I would part it out, It would totally be an insult to the blood sweat and agravation over the last 6 years.
Its not some Bolt on weekend jobby thrown together, its not a show truck either. just a fair price for a fair ride.

I guess i'm just ranting, ******* winter
Old 11-23-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your truck is perfect IMO. It has given me a couple ideas on how I want my truck to look some day. I personally think the performance and constant detailing is worth it because I have sentimental value in my vehicles. I'm not the type of guy who trades in my truck every 2 or 3 years "just to have a new vehicle". If you take care of your vehicle's appearance and mechanical parts, it will only get better with age. I learned that from my 1978 Camaro Z28. Anyways, I plan on keeping my truck for a long time unless something in my life happens and it's necessary to sell.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:54 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear ya creed...we gotta know when we start dumping cash into these things that we'll never see it back...I think it's just in our nature to tweak, mod, and personalize our vehicles. FWIW, if I had the cash I'd buy your truck in a heartbeat, it's one of my favorites
Old 11-23-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know what you're talking about. I put thousands in my '99, couldn't sell it for what I wanted, stripped it down, traded it in, and lost a lot of money! I still get sour thinking about it, but screw it! I refuse to do that again, it's kinda why it's taking 3 years before I started working on my '02. I'm going to keep this truck. BTW, those tails I got from you look awesome. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

That is why I am never selling my truck. I will keep it forever in a museum or something.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sleek silverado
That is why I am never selling my truck. I will keep it forever in a museum or something.
as my wife says..."you WILL be barried (sp?) in it, metal air cleaner my ***!"
Old 11-23-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by creederado
Really,
Is the accerleration, loud stereo,bright lights, rough ride, constant detailing worth it???
Especially when its time to sell?

I live in the Northeast were salt covers the road 4-5 months a year,
I don't drive my truck from Nov- Late April,
I have dumped money into it on details no one with a wallet will ever notice.

I guess I'm just ranting,
I love my step side but I'm not going to loose my *** on it.
I was aking 13,500 for it but there's no market for it up here.
I also look at other 99's and there beat to ****.
So the whole blue book thing is a crock.

All I know is ther's someone out there that would really like my truck, I just go to find them.
All someone needs to do is find a stock truck and add up all the mods and they'll see thousnads of dollars adds up real quick.

other than a few not many here are sucessful in selling there trucks without stripping it and loosing there asses.

Ther's no way I would part it out, It would totally be an insult to the blood sweat and agravation over the last 6 years.
Its not some Bolt on weekend jobby thrown together, its not a show truck either. just a fair price for a fair ride.

I guess i'm just ranting, ******* winter

I ran into the same problem you did man. Tried and tried to sell it. Was only asking 9500 bucks at the time. Most other 99's were absurdly high miles and beat to a living hell. I gave up. I only have a little less than a year to pay and its mine. Figured id keep it and play with it a while. If your truck is paid for or near it, id say keep ahold of it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

I noticed the same thing here about 2 months ago... now that I have a beater for work.... I really dont use my truck... so I thought about selling it but noticed no one will give what I wanted.... so me and the wife talked about it, so my truck is staying and I'll be fixing it up... I told her I needed a little project to keep for a long time... so since I have the truck, I'll work on it.. that's why here in the last 2 weeks i've dropped a cam/springs and a stall in it.. 2/4 drop will be going in saturday, rear end will be done next month, and hopefully it'll be getting a custom paint job in the spring... I guess there is something that makes you feel good when you work on something and see the results afterwards... but it has to be something that you are going to keep in a long time...

your truck is badass, and if its paid off I would definately keep it!!
unless its one of those hard times in life that you got to get rid of it
Old 11-23-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

A lright you guys convinced me,
4 link this winter

who wants my caltracs, qa1's and hotchkis leafs??

The rear sway bar is going on the SS.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by creederado
A lright you guys convinced me,
4 link this winter

who wants my caltracs, qa1's and hotchkis leafs??

The rear sway bar is going on the SS.

Uh. Why dont you take your hood off???!?!?!?!?!

Quick Reply: Why do we do this??????Need to rant!