GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Well lookey here

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 07:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Well lookey here

1. Where is your test car?
2. Why do you need other people to test it for you on their dime?
3. warranty?
4. instructions?
5. Fitment?
6. how much is all the stuff NOT included going to cost? Probably another $1000

It's not so much about what your selling, it's about how your doing it. You pimp the product, then add all the extra stuff that is NOT included. When people buy a supercharger kit for 3-5k, EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED WITH A WARRANTY AND INSTUCTIONS. Sell you product at reputable places to prove it, NOT EBAY!!!! BTW, I could care less who you know. Name dropping to prove your self.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:54 AM
TECH Veteran

The stupid people that I had referred to are the ones that see this and instantly think they will be superstars on the street with relatively little work.
Keith H.
oh my god, get some *****....if youre gonna talk, walk.......and not backwards....
EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Greg,
I couldn't agree with you more!
Old 08-28-2003, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

web page
Old 08-28-2003, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh Noooooo.........
Old 09-07-2003, 10:43 PM
Teching In

I will be working on a larger unit over the next year. The Eaton 90 will support a 5.0 and flow 650CFM @ 5-6 psi boost. That will take 25,000 watts, but it is not impossible. That design will use FOUR motors. The CNC programs are so time consuming, but at least they are accurate. The 6016-T6 starts to add up after a while. The adapter parts alone cost me $405 per SC to produce. I placed the ebay ad to stir up the hornets nest :-) I did not expect anyone to buy one. The sales will start to go crazy in Jan/2004 as my ads in Turbo & High Tech, Sport Compact, Import Tuner, and Honda Tuner all come out that month. I am flying to Cal several times in Oct & Nov to install a few of these on the magazine staff's cars for the articles that will be written in subsequent issues. I expect 12-24 months before the industry finally accepts this, and then hold on. Just for you techs out there, the SC makes higher boost at low engine rpm and boost tapers off linearly as the engine can use more of the air that the SC is flowing. I just ran 30V into my setup on my 2.5 V6 and made 20 psi at 1500 rpm, with it tapering off to 8 psi at 6500 rpm--I made several runs before I toasted a valve. I ran too lean, but it was worth it to see the gauge peg at 20. I had a blow-off valve keeping boost to 6 psi, but blocked it off to see how high the boost would go. I agree that most V8 guys wont see one for another year or two. I have a patent pending on a centrifugal unit with the same three or four motor design, but the drive transmission--both belts and gears--constanly failed.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Teching In

1. Where is your test car? It is my car--1996 Avenger V6 auto trans
2. Why do you need other people to test it for you on their dime? I dont want them to test it. I want the dyno results from as many cars as possible so if anyone asks I can tell them what a similar car made
3. warranty? 1-year
4. instructions? there will only be wiring diagrams as the placement and fitting will depend on the vehicle and if the person wants it in a certain place. It could actually mount in the trunk for all I car--just running a 2.5" pipe from the trunk to the throttle body would prove fun.
5. Fitment? see above
6. how much is all the stuff NOT included going to cost? Probably another $1000 Actually, it is $1210. I dont know how old you are, but in the 70's and 80's noone had turbo or supercharger kits available--except the Mustang. So we bought a supercharger or turbo--usually $600 for a turbo, and $1200 for the SC BY Itself. Then the accessories cost a lot more. I built a twin turbo Vette in 1980 that cost $7500 back then. People have been spoiled by Honda kits for $1800 and Mustang kits for $1900. Call most custom builders and ask how much their kits cost. $5000+. As for ebay, I did not expect to seel any. But I did want to see the reaction from people, and I received 10:1 praising the product and idea and asking for info. So I did the right thing--cheap advertizing. The Mag ads that start in Jan are costing me $50,000 for four mags, and ebay cost ne $4.10. As for who I know, reputation is EVERYTHING. If you dont understand references then what can I say.

It's not so much about what your selling, it's about how your doing it. You pimp the product, then add all the extra stuff that is NOT included. When people buy a supercharger kit for 3-5k, EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED WITH A WARRANTY AND INSTUCTIONS. Sell you product at reputable places to prove it, NOT EBAY!!!! BTW, I could care less who you know. Name dropping to prove your self.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:20 PM
TECH Junkie

I dont see any problem with your idea at all. Just think of that crazy guy that tried to make a horseless carriage, what was he thinking?

I would like know more about your idea. Why did you go with a roots type? how do you by-pass the blower off boost? A roots type not spinning would make a large obstruction in the air path. Why not use a twin screw?
Old 09-07-2003, 11:29 PM
TECH Junkie

About a month ago there was a guy with a rear mounted turbo on an F-body here on the forum. Why not try it?

I mean 'who'd a thunk' that a smog pump for a small block would make one hell of a supercharger on a Briggs and Straton.

Oh by the way the smog pumps on our trucks are electric now.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

********Knight Rider Theme in background*******

Hmm..let's see, his name is Thomas Knight...been around since the late seventies...could this be the infamous "TURBO BOOST" featured on "K.I.T.T.", Michael KNights car?? Hmmmm, could this be MIchael Knight in disguise??!! ROTFLMFAO!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Teching In

ACTUALLY MY SONS NAME IS MICHAEL--JUST NOT THAT MICHAEL KNIGHT--THE ONE THE GERMANS ALL LIKE :-)

Quick Reply: Well lookey here