Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

My luck just sucks a huge one

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My luck just sucks a huge one

Well...this weekend absolutely blowed for me. I made the trip to pick up my rims(everything went smoothly there...thanks again Ranwalk), but found myself getting to Johns too late to get the nitrous done AND be able to try it out. It was a serious pain in the butt to do all of this crap on a time schedule. First problem was the heater not working for us. Round two was I don't think the nitrous hit for us on our test run(could be due to quite a few things and the fact that it was 1:00 in the morning and I was 4hrs aways from home. Round three saw me throwing a ses code on the way home. I got under the hood and saw that my egr plate was leaking pretty bad(I guess that was causing the high rpm idle and weird acting). The final straw was me getting a ticket because I was not paying attention when the speed limit dropped from 65 to 55. Total mph was 73.
So, in conclusion....other than getting my wheels and hanging out with Goshawk23 until 1:00 in the morning...my weekend sucked.
FWIW...that 4 hr trip landed me at home at 5:10 this morning...just long enough for me to take a shower and come on to work by 6:00. I'm dog tired, my truck isn't running that great, I have a ses code thrown, I have to find out what all is up with the nitrous kit, and I now have a damn ticket to pay.

HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND?!???

On a side note...I really appreciate your time and help with everything John, and I will have everything right by this weekend. I think for tonight though...I'm going to crash early.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that sucks and I thought I only ran into countless problem after problem
Im shure youll get it worked out and in the end be saying it was worth it.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Truck addict

we'll get it worked out. i think we figured out the problem on the heater. and also, the msd window switch. so all in all, i don't think you are in bad shape. the egr plate should be fine once pushed back in all the way. loosen that screw on the plate then push the bottom in all the way. it shouldn't leak after that. thus the code should be leaving you soon. basically you are getting unmetered air.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

That sucks. I had a stock bottom end 4.3l in a blown S-10 moving 420+ g/s threw the maf......then it blew up on a 2nd gear tuning pull 11.8:1 AFR and no kr. Then I cannot figure out the problem with this green toilet i nthe garge....er I mean Typhoon.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slowprocess
HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND?!???
Sorry to hear about that man. But if it makes you feel better I spent my whole Sunday in a hot attic removing my blower motor on my AC unit and spent the night (humid) without AC.
Philip S.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

What do you mean "new wheels"? What happened to the Boyd's?
Old 06-13-2005, 03:47 PM
14 Second Truck Club

i got you beat.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 12sec.5.3
What do you mean "new wheels"? What happened to the Boyd's?
I decided to get me some SS wheels for the street. I'm selling the boyds to Goshawk23, but I'll be running a set of stock wheels on the front with the slicks on the back at the track. I've always been a sucker for the ss wheels, and I think they'll look great on my truck.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

I hate to hear that. Sounds like your having some of my luck
I was hoping to see you post some new times, not this.
You should look into getting rid of that egr tube at the intake. The trucks without egr have a block off plate that would be alot better to have there.
Let me know and i'll get you one Also, get the ses codes checked and get back with me on what they are. In the end, I dont think it will be as bad as it seems now.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slowprocess
I decided to get me some SS wheels for the street. I'm selling the boyds to Goshawk23, but I'll be running a set of stock wheels on the front with the slicks on the back at the track. I've always been a sucker for the ss wheels, and I think they'll look great on my truck.
Sweet!! I wanna see a pic when you get the wheels on there.

Quick Reply: My luck just sucks a huge one