Ignore lists.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 11:47 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignore lists.

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
I think the first part of #5 fits best why ILLNALI got banned. He will be gone for a week.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193033

I would like to say that if any of you guys don't like someone else on here please just don't read their post, put them on your ignore list or something. That is the best thing to do. The wrong thing to do is continue harassing/hassling them especially if you've been asked not to in the past already. This is just a general statement and not aimed at anyone in particular.

These forums are for making are trucks run and look better and personal grudges don't belong here.

If you have a problem with another member and can't control it keep it to PM's. If you have a problem/concern with one of the mods then PM one of the Admins with it. That is the best thing to do.

Admins:

Nine Ball ; Pro Stock John

Mod:

Flyer covered that above.

I'm going to lock this thread now because the original question got answered. Some people know what went on last night but, I don't think it does any good to bring it back.

John thats excellent advice. the only problem is most of the time the people that are stupid and narrowminded are the people members cant ignore just because theyre admins or moderaters like ive been trying to put Nine Ball on ignore for a long time and it never lets me. i think thats what pisses people off. the general members have some quality stuff to say and even some funny stuff, but most of the time admins and mods have nothing but stupid *** remarks and useless information IMO but i cant put them on ignore... maybe thats what made illnali do whatever he did, you know?
Old 11-29-2004, 11:53 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-29-2004, 11:53 PM
TECH Veteran

I'll let you handle this John.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:55 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JSmith
I'll let you handle this John.
damn 2 posts later. see what i mean john?
Old 11-29-2004, 11:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by lm7
damn 2 posts later. see what i mean john?
What are you talking about? I'm simply letting John respond to this since you directed it towards him. That being said, I don't really appreciate you calling the mods and admins stupid and arrogant.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:04 AM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JSmith
What are you talking about? I'm simply letting John respond to this since you directed it towards him. That being said, I don't really appreciate you calling the mods and admins stupid and arrogant.
i can respect that. but i also dont apreciate it when quality members such as HIT MAN X are driven away from the site because of admins with power trips you know?
Old 11-30-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by lm7
i can respect that. but i also dont apreciate it when quality members such as HIT MAN X are driven away from the site because of admins with power trips you know?
I'm sorry Hitman left, MANY of us wished he had stayed. I don't really know/remember the details of what transpired between him and the admins so I can't really comment on that. However, you have to keep in mind that this site is a privately owned site and the owners/admins can do whatever they wish with it. The mods are just enforcing those rules set forth by them. All we ask of you as members is to follow them. I know of no moderator that is "out to get" anyone. Sometimes words can be misconstrude (sp?) in discussion forums as it's nearly impossible to intrepret emotions in this setting. Not to beat a dead horse but I think that is what happened between you and myself and it just escalated from there. Anyway, my best advice if you can't put someone on your ignore list is too just physically ignore them all together. Don't post inflammatory material in their threads just to get a rise out them.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:25 AM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

thats actually what i try to do most of the time. i just posted this in hopes that john could put a word in for us as members being able to ignore whoever might make this site a little less enojoyable. im sure some people have me on ignore and i respect that because its their right. but why cant we ignore admins/mods? IMO some of them are the most negative and useless members on the site not all but some....
Old 11-30-2004, 12:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by lm7
...but why cant we ignore admins/mods?
It's in the site coding. We have to be able to contact you for whatever reason.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

Ya just cant win around here...

Quick Reply: Ignore lists.