Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Going to a local shootout Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to a local shootout Saturday

Well, guys, I've gotten myself into a little shootout this weekend. It's in Belzoni for anyone local that might see this. I've got to call them tomorrow to see if I'll be the only truck there. I need some little tips to victory. They have the classes based on tires. They have DOT street tires, under 10.5, and 10.5+. I already know there is a newer TA and an SS that will be there. I raced them in Greenville this Saturday. My 60ft was terrible there, a consistant 2.6 I couldn't hook there. They would get the hole shot and I would pull on them the entire race, but just not enough room to get them. What can I do to help myself out. I've ordered some "more" shocks. The ones BigKid runs. I've swapped my 3" Aim coil springs for a set of 2" Belltechs, I'll be removing the sway bars, and I'm thinking of getting some bars here. I'll be running my BF street slicks on really low pressure. I'll also be warming the hell out of them before every run.(I'm trying to wear them out so I can get those new Mickeys). Is there anything I can buy to either make the tire softer or make it hook better? This is basically grudge matches with alot of side betting going on. I don't want to get beat because of a terrible 60. I want them to beat me at my best anyway. Thanks guys
Old 11-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Truck addict

jeremy, sell me the tires you got now, and then you can get the et streets. sounds good to me. also, make sure you don't lower the pressure too much, that is like being on ice. also, what are you doing with the belltech coils? i need those too.

last thing, Dec 5th, come to Hburg. a nice meet going on. maybe some cold air. oh yea, if you want, i can show you how to drive that slug into the 11's...
Old 11-23-2004, 12:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by goshawk23
jeremy, sell me the tires you got now, and then you can get the et streets. sounds good to me. also, make sure you don't lower the pressure too much, that is like being on ice. also, what are you doing with the belltech coils? i need those too.

last thing, Dec 5th, come to Hburg. a nice meet going on. maybe some cold air. oh yea, if you want, i can show you how to drive that slug into the 11's...
I'll have a set of 3" lowering coils, because I'm going to 2" because the cutouts are so low. If that's on a Sunday, I'll make it down, and it looks like you'll need to drive it instead of me.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:47 AM
Truck addict

haha, well, decide what you are doing with those tires. yea, that is on a sunday. i am gonna post up about it tomorrow. i doubt kenny (BIGkid) will make it with his truck but i am sure he will be there. um, depends on Jim, but i might have a converter in my truck then too. so Kenny, if you aint running, bring your et streets for me, hell i'll pay to use'em. not like i'll be boiling the rubber off or nothing.

jeremy, that was a 3" drop in the front? what do you have on the rear? and i need to get with you on the engine. btw, get on yahoo so i can discuss some things with you
Old 11-23-2004, 02:21 AM
TECH Regular

Default Good luck.

I have no idea where Belzoni is. Hopefully I'll be in the woods anyways.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by goshawk23
haha, well, decide what you are doing with those tires. yea, that is on a sunday. i am gonna post up about it tomorrow. i doubt kenny (BIGkid) will make it with his truck but i am sure he will be there. um, depends on Jim, but i might have a converter in my truck then too. so Kenny, if you aint running, bring your et streets for me, hell i'll pay to use'em. not like i'll be boiling the rubber off or nothing.

jeremy, that was a 3" drop in the front? what do you have on the rear? and i need to get with you on the engine. btw, get on yahoo so i can discuss some things with you
I'll be on yahoo later tonight. I'll send you a message when I get on. I have a shackle/hanger kit in the rear. 4" drop.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 4.8PWR
I have no idea where Belzoni is. Hopefully I'll be in the woods anyways.
It's between Yazoo City and Indianola. Not very far from Yazoo City at all.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All the best of luck to you Slowprocess, I hope you can get that thing to hook. I wanna see you run that thing in the low 12's or high 11's. You need to get that thing to a dyno to see how much power that thing is puttin down. Hope you dont gernade that G80 into little pieces. Have you thought of 4.11 gears and a Eaton?

Dont they make some spray stuff to clean the tire and make it stickyer before takeoff?
Old 11-23-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont know about Mickey Thompson tires, but my buddy that has the 1800 hp vette uses Hoosier tires and likes them a lot. They hook very well.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

The new MT drag radials are the shiznit!! I have a few friends using them and they hook as well or better than ET Streets and dont get squirley at the end of the track. Awesome tire!

I will be at Hub on the 5th but I am cerian I wont have my truck back by then so I will throw the ET Streets in someone else's truck. Jeremy.. if you dont have yours by then, I will throw them on your truck if you let me make a pass down the track with it. Good luck with you upcomming shootout.

Quick Reply: Going to a local shootout Saturday