Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Is anyone mad about American Hot Rod show?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im with you guys
I would never buy a coddington car
i couldnt anyways but my point is

Boyd should have put out a better image of his company
through this show and left out all the drama BS
I wanted to see the car not playing arguing
and fights with the fat wife
watch an episode with a stopwatch and time how much
time they actually show on the car

Boyd really shot his self in the foot with this one
and showed his lack of professionalism and business ethics
sorry but
I wouldnt even buy his wheels after what ive seen
Old 01-26-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hadn't seen that Charlie left yet. Can't say it's a surprise though. I use to really like watching the show, but have to say I haven't watched the last few episodes cause I was tired of just watching them fire people at the drop of a hat. And granted I know they omit some things that actually go on from the show, Boyd still hasn't impressed me over the last few projects. I'm glad Charlie got out of there and is working for Foose now though. Dwayne may have had it right in one of the last episodes though by saying that it felt like people were jumping ship and that the place was gonna go out of buisness. If things keep going like they have been I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what happens.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gamedawgx53
Boyd really shot his self in the foot with this one
and showed his lack of professionalism and business ethics
sorry but I wouldnt even buy his wheels after what ive seen
I think that might have some of the reason to do with why I decided to buy my wheels elsewhere. Granted the wheel shop is some what seperate from the hot rod shop it still kinda makes you think about QC.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
the place was gonna go out of buisness. If things keep going like they have been I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what happens.

It wouldn't be the first or second time that's happened to Boyd! Dipshit!

I know this is off the topic, but we ALL remember Blue Bear. I thought he was an *******, and he deserved to be punished. But I thought Boyd as a boss, friend, employer and possible father figure could've handled it A LOT better. Just represents what happens when you get a little power and you don't have the mental capacity to deal with it.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boyd has no idea how to manage people effectively or efficently thats why things got out of hand with blue bear and his number 1 body guy quit.
I wouldnt buy one of his cars just because I think they are ugly, hes lost touch with the roots of hot roding. I would rather have a foose car any day. He did barracuda(i think) for joe rogan on the show rides and it was sweet mean as hell nice lope, killer sound sys, wheels paint and all and it was pushing 700 ponies now thats a hotrod. Not some choped up old style/retro look, with a half *** chrome motor.

while Im thinking about it I was pissed when they took that model T in perfect shape (probably one of the few origionals left) and completely chopped it up I was so pissed I couldnt even watch the rest. Forget about Boyd Coddington
Old 01-26-2005, 08:49 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like his wheels

He is a jack off.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just want to know why he tries to make every day "tropical hawaian day" at the office. Does this guy own a shirt that doesn't have flowers and crap on it? I don't really watch it in too much detail, like most of the guys names, but I would have made it about 30 minutes there before I drug that bald headed/goatie guy out by his eyelids and beat him to almost certain death. I really hate that guy, and he's always acting hard....

Boyd, if you see this man, try to shop somewhere other than the little gift shop on the beach. We get it, you're trying to one of the Beach Boys.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:43 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boyd is an ***. Next season should be at the Foose shop instead of boyds. I liked boyd's answer to "what are we going to do without charlie?" - he says "I don't know." I was thinking you dumb schmuck, he still wanted to work for you. You told him not to come back. Not you don't know what you are going to do. Serves him right.

I don't know how many cars they build or what they charge, but that place is huge. When you see them moving cars around the campus to get sanded or painted, its unbelieveable they would need so much room.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The funny thing is that Foose started out working for Boyd. Back in the early-mid 90's Foose was the head of hot rods by Boyd. Then he got tired of the **** and left. Then he started his own shop and a few of Boyds guys left to go work for Foose. Boyd felt that Foose had backstabed him. So now that Charlie is going to work for Foose, Boyd feels that Foose is "stealing" his help again. Boyd is a dick and he himself does absolutly nothing to get anything done. Even Paul Sr. from OCC does more than Boyd. Foose-><-Boyd
Old 01-26-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bluebear should have been fired from day one in my opinon, he was useless. And when he startedd calling the new guy a sheep ****** and things got way out of hand. Boyd and Dewaynes response was, " Well we dont condone fighting and taking anything outside to be handled and theres a possibilty you could be fired if so is done." Then they told the new guy that got fired, that they couldnt say anything to Bluebear to make him stop. WTF? If it was my shop (and one of my workers was calling the other a sheep ******) or your *** would be out the door. Then Boyd acts like he does so much at the shop. BS. Foose puts more effort in a hour than Boyd does in a day. I remember on a show that Foose was so tired of working he went out and fell asleep on the hoop of his vechile. I dont really know whats keeping him in business.

Quick Reply: Is anyone mad about American Hot Rod show?