PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/)
-   -   Is anyone mad about American Hot Rod show? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/anyone-mad-about-american-hot-rod-show-267135/)

onequick5.3 01-26-2005 12:15 PM

Is anyone mad about American Hot Rod show?

:wrongforu :wrongforu

Well every Friday I get off work around 9:00 or so and I come home eat supper and watch some TV. I have been a fan of Amercian Hot Rod because there is not much on TV and I enjoy anything car affiliated. One of the main reasons I watched the show was because of the painter Charlie, he seems like a good guy that works his ass of for Boyd, he seems like he was one of the best workers. I dont like how Boyd presures the guys into building cars in 7 weeks thats just BS. And the worker want to build them right but all the customers want them right now. Charlie wanted to paint a car for Chip Foose (He use to work for Boyd Coddington) well Boyd and Foose had a fall out years ago and when Charlie told Coddington about it he was mad. I understand the personal feeling against the two but it was only going to be one car, (BTW was for a car show, showing off the abilities of painter around the United States). Well after being preasured in building cars (BTW hes motto is building them right and taking your time) after some of these guys including Charlie were working overnight to get these cars done, decided to take the job for Chip Foose. Now he is out of a job at the Coddington shop. It just kind of pissed me off that he would treat his worker like that, and try to come off like the good guy. I know i wont be watching that show anymore. :mad:

SallyDaGMC 01-26-2005 12:19 PM

Yeah i saw that episode too. I was upset that Coddington would do that, way too much pride. His loss!

rhayes5000 01-26-2005 12:20 PM

I agree. After seeing that I was dissapointed in how Boyd handled the situation. I would rather work for Chip Foose any day!

1TRUESS 01-26-2005 12:33 PM

Boyd is an ass! There is no way I could ever work for him. After seeing his show I would never buy a car from him either! Just my two cents!

onequick5.3 01-26-2005 12:39 PM

Agree with all of you.

Way too much pride says it all. I dont know why he is like that when Chip Foose name is brought up? Of course he left him and became competition (BTW that was Boyds words in the show "Why would you want to go work for the competition") But if Chips got the talent why have someone hold him back, I would have left him to and built my own cars.

black_yukon 01-26-2005 01:15 PM

I figured out several months ago that Charlie was going to leave Boyd's when I saw him on an episode of Overhaulin' painting a car for Foose.

And Boyd is an ass. It seems like he is so far detatched from building hotrods that he has forgotten what it takes and the ammount of time required to build one right.

LS1csherm 01-26-2005 01:31 PM

Charlie now works for Foose.
Boyd is an ass
I wouldnt work for him - cant believe how he treats his people
Dwayne is worse - that little Hitler needs his ass kicked - never see that ass welding or painting something - I have never seen him fab one part

TurboBerserker 01-26-2005 02:46 PM

If you push guys to the limit, and then past it, and then past that, and then past that, and then ask them what the hell is the matter with them, expect them to quit... If you are too stupid to understand that you are burning and churning all of your talent right out the door to make yourself look better by "making impossible deadlines" you deserve the kind of help you're going to have in a few years when word has gotten around about your habits.

Plus, when you get to the level of expertise that Charlie obviously has, you want to work on stuff that shows off your expertise, not stuff that shows off how fast your work or how silly you are to pull 1000 hours a week for someone who doesn't appreciate it. Charlie made PLENTY of comments on camera about how he felt. Charlie gave Boyd a million and a half signals, and flat out said severals times that the deadlines were crazy and stupid (right to Boyd's face). If boyd didn't see it, well, sometimes you see what you want to see...

I say more power to Charlie. Foose seems to appreciate awesome talent.

My wife and I were talking about it after the episode and I told her I would never buy a coddington hotrod. She asked me why and I said "Because I don't want a car that was built by guys in the middle of the night." After seeing the way Boyd operates, I could never trust that my car wasn't assembled at 4 a.m. the day before the deadline...

goshawk23 01-26-2005 03:59 PM

i agree. i am glad Foose left his ass and now has Charlie. It won't be long imo that we see a mass exodus from Boyds shop. Da-Wayne is an ass.

Alwhite00 01-26-2005 05:39 PM

Yea, He pretty much said don't let the door hit you in the ass, Wouldn't even shake his hand. What an ass
I also like how he asks everyone if they are available to work all weekend and then when someone (mike) says no he pulls them in the office and ask them WTF and then when they decide to work instead of being fired Boyd says, That's great and says what a "team player" they are. Like they had a choice.

LK