Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Is anyone mad about American Hot Rod show?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanna go work for Boyd.

So I can get close enough to Dewayne to beat the hell out of him. That guy has no respect for anyone.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:28 AM
TECH Regular

I'm glad Dwayne got that speeding ticket in one of the early episodes. He was even a dick to the cop.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:57 AM
Tribe Shaman

What the hell do you expect, working for Boyd is like being in the dog house all the time,
I'm sorry to say but bluebeard should have been fired along time ago, he does not have the attitude to go with the job, I don't really feel sorry for Charlie, with his talent I don't know of any high profile shop that wont give him a job after working for Boyd the way he did, to be able too work almost 24-7, take the *** chewing and still be able to smile.
now as for little Hitler, that boy needs a beating from a heater hose, get a ticket and take it out on every one, no sex and take it out on everyone, the man just needs a mud hole stomped in his *** and walked dry.
as for buying Boyds parts, I have never picked up anything of his.
the show needs to be called Hawaiian Boyd's Slave Driving Hot Rod.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Did you guys notice at the end of the episode when charlie and boyds new wife were in the office.She was absolutely heartbrokenl.I think charlie is banging boyds new wife.................
Old 01-27-2005, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

The only two episodes I like are when Blue Bear got fired, which was long overdue, and then Boyd getting beaten in the rat rod contest where they drove to Louisville, KY to the contest. I would have considered buying Boyd's wheels before I started watching his show....I wouldn't buy anything with his name on it now!

GregM
Old 01-27-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

It's a soap opera for men!

The "reality" hot rod and bike shows are on their way down. The backlash has already begun. There's only so many times you can watch the tantrums these guys throw. The more I see how they all act the less I desire the product they push.

Overhaulin' is still good because they get to work and get it done and manage to still maintain a good level of professionalism. Overhaulin' is the blueprint for the successful car show. I just wonder how long you could put up with the stress of such short build times?

Cory
Old 01-27-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you guys notice at the end of the episode when charlie and boyds new wife were in the office.She was absolutely heartbrokenl.I think charlie is banging boyds new wife.................

Thats exactly what I was thinking.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Charlie lived with Boyd and the wife for a few years... From the way I heard it, they helped Charlie get on his feet in his position at Boyds.

I think Boyd was so insulted because he took Charlies-leaving-to-Foose as a huge stab in the back for all of the support Boyd and his wife gave him to get where he was today. Charlie, Boyd and the wife were all good close friends.

I definitely think that Boyd should have seen the signs. They were very obvious on the show. I don't know how things happen in 'real life' at the shop.

I think Boyd has every right to be pissed at Charlie... I don't think he would have been nearly as upset if he was going to any other person out there. That would **** me off as much as my girlfriend dumping me to go back out with an ex of hers. (she's obviously been thinking of someone else this time, she's obviously been talking to him while I've been investing in the relationship)
Old 01-27-2005, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
Boyd has no idea how to manage people effectively or efficently thats why things got out of hand with blue bear and his number 1 body guy quit.
I wouldnt buy one of his cars just because I think they are ugly, hes lost touch with the roots of hot roding. I would rather have a foose car any day. He did barracuda(i think) for joe rogan on the show rides and it was sweet mean as hell nice lope, killer sound sys, wheels paint and all and it was pushing 700 ponies now thats a hotrod. Not some choped up old style/retro look, with a half *** chrome motor.

while Im thinking about it I was pissed when they took that model T in perfect shape (probably one of the few origionals left) and completely chopped it up I was so pissed I couldnt even watch the rest. Forget about Boyd Coddington
actually rad rides by troy did the rogan car
Old 01-27-2005, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LTNKLR01
The funny thing is that Foose started out working for Boyd. Back in the early-mid 90's Foose was the head of hot rods by Boyd. Then he got tired of the **** and left. Then he started his own shop and a few of Boyds guys left to go work for Foose. Boyd felt that Foose had backstabed him. So now that Charlie is going to work for Foose, Boyd feels that Foose is "stealing" his help again. Boyd is a dick and he himself does absolutly nothing to get anything done. Even Paul Sr. from OCC does more than Boyd. Foose-><-Boyd
actually if you read foose's bio, he was the pres. of bodys whole operation at one point...foose got all the way to the top and than wanted to strike it on his own.

Quick Reply: Is anyone mad about American Hot Rod show?