Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

truck running too lean

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: truck running too lean

i would go with the Ngk TR6
Champions are Krap with a Kapital K
I Don't think that is what you should be reading to get an idea of how rich or lean you are
Atap User set him straight here
you should be looking at you o2 sensors to get an idea of where you are at with your fuel

Old 07-06-2003, 02:33 PM
TECH Regular

Just a little technical note for you LM7, ATAP's AFR doesn't give you the actual AFR reading, it shows you your PCM's requested reading. Also with the FMU, you won't get any F/P boost until you are acutally boosting, which won't happen if you're just reving the engine.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:32 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

blackyukon - I took it for a run last night, when I was getting into boost my fuel pressure gauge would go down to 20. I thought the FP was supposed to increase or at least stay the same when I got into boost? Also how accurate is the A/F gauge that runs to the o2 sensor?? I have not connected mine yet and will probably doing so today.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

Yes that torx is glued in there so people won't turn it but LS1tech guys probably know what they are doing. Left richens, right leans. If you broke it get a dremel tool (or any other cut off tool) and cut it into a flathead screw. Before you adjust stuff though, you might want to scribe a line on the screw and onto the regulator so you know har far you turned it...nevermind if you have a fuel pressure gauge.
I had to adjust my pressure regulater too, it took a while to break the glue. And id be a little leary using the dremel tool, just because your cutting into a GAS REGULATER! GAS!!!

Lol... just dont want anyone to hurt thier truck. Burns heal themselves, Blownup engines dont.

What is the correct air to fuel ratio?