Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

this truck just hates nitrous. seriously

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 11:35 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default this truck just hates nitrous. seriously

ok, had my 3rd. that is third!! nitrous incident. this time i blew my upd intake in half .

in the past i have always been able to cheat a little with the nitrous and never had any problem. spray too soon, run a little lean, this truck just doesn't like nitrous or something cause it wont let me get away with anything. i had to set my window switch all the way down to 2200rpm(stupid i know) to get a good launch since my stall is way tight and today i hit it with a 125shot and got a nice backfire. broke my tube in 1/2 and that apears to be it. it was a clean break at the seam so maybe i can glue it back together.

i am just not going to race the thing anymore till i get that turbo, i think it knows there is a turbo coming and it is pissed i keep throwing nitrous at it. time to call seth EVERYDAY till i get it. it is almost 3 months since i ordered and he initialy told me 1 month

i might have a vid of it but i will have to check it out tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to heard that ,I'll be pis if I was told 1 month and 3 month pass by and no system there will be a .wonder why holley don't make an intake for our trucks, maybe we all should get together and sent them a letter
hope everything goes right for you.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:08 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

A broken UPD isn't that bad. I was expecting you to be looking for your third 6L within 3 months. Sorry about the poor luck.

On your converter, how does it feel driving around town normally? Before the re-stall, how did it feel? I'm curious how Yanks more aggressive converters compare to the TT3000 you had.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:29 AM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

yeah 3 months is kinda lagging time to start making some phone calls...as for the nitrous i would put it off as well until u boost that bitch....man when is that turbo gonna get there?
Old 02-27-2004, 02:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigTex
A broken UPD isn't that bad. I was expecting you to be looking for your third 6L within 3 months. Sorry about the poor luck.

On your converter, how does it feel driving around town normally? Before the re-stall, how did it feel? I'm curious how Yanks more aggressive converters compare to the TT3000 you had.
I was expecting another 6.0 search too.

I would say you got off a little lucky this time Parish. Let's see the video with the backfire.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:06 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

I think you need to stop videoing the other cars, and put the camera on your face. I can only imagine the reaction when you nail it and "BAM", nitrous backfire.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:40 AM
single digit dreamer

on the converter, i think i really just dont care too much how it drives or something because i thought it worked fine even when it was way loose, now that it is tight i think i like it slightly better but it is alot slower NA especialy with that cam.

i would still recomend the tt3000 to most people, it was cheaper and worked great but it was also stalling up close to 5000rpm when i put the guns to it.

i need that turbo, i can brake stall to about 2000rpm, really want to know if i can build any boost at that rpm and if i can get a decent launch, if i can get just 1-2psi out of the hole i think it will build fast and run hard but if i have to wait for the boost to build then it is going to be a dog still out of the hole.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:44 AM
single digit dreamer

after the back fire i could have sworn i heard and smelled stuff burning under the hood. i jumped out of the truck so fast and had the fire extinguisher ready to spray as i was yelling at my pasenger to open the hood. it was kind of crazy for a sec. then i saw it was just the upd tube, i pulled the maf conector and it fired right up and drove home. one thing i can say is i never had to call a tow truck yet.

that reminds me, tex did you get those heads and stuff?
Old 02-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, I was thinking new 6L or blown trans. Get some Gorilla glue from Home Depot and glue the UPD back together.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't see how the UPD is so favored for intakes if they are always cracking and blowing apart. I know this isn't a normal case by any means, but if it blew at the seams, it just makes me think it wasn't made all that well to start with.

OK .. I'm off my now .. continue on with the thread.

Quick Reply: this truck just hates nitrous. seriously