Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Stainless Steel turned Yellow

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

mothers paste polish... I clean the exhaust on my motorcycle with it and it works great...

As for all the complaining about the military, its what you make it. I'm getting out actually at the end of the week after 6 yrs of a VERY succsessful time in my life...

-If you dont like it, tough, you signed the contract, and you are doing something great for your country... dont consider it a waste of years of your life. But then again, I'm getting out after being in the Marine Corps for 6 yrs.. so it may be a little different feeling for me
Old 12-05-2007, 07:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
mothers paste polish... I clean the exhaust on my motorcycle with it and it works great...

As for all the complaining about the military, its what you make it. I'm getting out actually at the end of the week after 6 yrs of a VERY succsessful time in my life...

-If you dont like it, tough, you signed the contract, and you are doing something great for your country... dont consider it a waste of years of your life. But then again, I'm getting out after being in the Marine Corps for 6 yrs.. so it may be a little different feeling for me

The only thing that I really don't like is all of the retards that they give rank. It is like if your IQ is lower than your age then you can be in charge.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:34 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think my mom used to swear by some stuff called "Brasso"....

when that didn't work she'd just spit on it lol.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I think my mom used to swear by some stuff called "Brasso"....
LOL! I bet these military fellas know all about Brasso...at least we did WAY back in 1970 when I was an Army stud.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:09 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TarheelZ
LOL! I bet these military fellas know all about Brasso...at least we did WAY back in 1970 when I was an Army stud.
That's the year I was born friend

(EDIT: both of my great unlces served in the Army in WWII, and my dad was a weekend warrior a few years before I was born )
Old 12-05-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've heard some people talk about a product called "Blue Away". Stainless Works ---> (sponsor) sells it. I know they use it on motorcycle exhausts to when they start to turn blue or yellow.

And yeah, it's the goldish/yellow tint that is definitely due to the heat.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xsports33
I've heard some people talk about a product called "Blue Away". Stainless Works ---> (sponsor) sells it. I know they use it on motorcycle exhausts to when they start to turn blue or yellow.

And yeah, it's the goldish/yellow tint that is definitely due to the heat.
Blue away works but you have to keep doing it. " Speedy" polish you can get from truck stops and is cheaper and easier to use and works great on aluminum. Look for "English custom polishes" on the net he has a hot enviroment polish that lasts a little longer.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:47 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TarheelZ
Somebody around here older than me? lol.
Any good NON-abrasive metal polish and hard work wil clrean the color off the stainless. The color is a result of heat and is an oxide. You can tell how your running (lean/rich) by the color, a nice golden colr is desired.