Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Old 07-24-2018, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

RedXray: Thank you for your comments. Our revised version which came out a few months ago does not use the hanger on the muffler any more. The hanger is now adjustable and positioned on the exhaust tubing. Our clamps have also been re-engineered after two years of requesting a better clamp design with the factory. They perform very similar to an Accuseal clamp now.

Thanks
Sean
Old 07-25-2018, 02:44 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
RedXray: Thank you for your comments. Our revised version which came out a few months ago does not use the hanger on the muffler any more. The hanger is now adjustable and positioned on the exhaust tubing. Our clamps have also been re-engineered after two years of requesting a better clamp design with the factory. They perform very similar to an Accuseal clamp now.

Thanks
Sean

Sean do you have a pic of the adjustable hanger and can it be purchased individually?
Old 07-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor

We don't offer it individually sorry. The change was made while adapting our kit to the 2014+ trucks, and is now included to compensate for the different hanger locations. It might even work with the SUV's now not sure.

Thanks
Sean
Old 09-18-2018, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Another review here.. Had my exhaust for roughly over 2 years now. No fitment issues what so ever. Clamps seem to be everyone's biggest issues. When I first installed this exhaust I made the mistake of putting the bolts right where the slits are for the pipes to connect, which caused leaks. Since having to take the entire exhaust off (removed transmission for stall converter) we reinstalled the clamps but turned them where the solid piece of the clamp was over the slits. And tightened the bolts with air gun to ensure the tightest possible. Since then the exhaust has actually been "throatier" and sounding much better at all RPM's. Sounds awesome and still looks good after 2 years. We did have issues with the hanger by the mufflers but decided to not use it since the exhaust was already very sturdy. Can't wait to throw a cam in it on a 108 LSA and hear how good it'll idle. The only thing I wish I could do is run the exhaust to the RST tips on my roll pan. But that isn't on Speed Engineerings part at all. Truck is a 06 RCSB.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:03 AM
Former Vendor

Thank you for the comments/business..

Sean
Old 09-25-2018, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question about the x,pipe. With some modification cutting and welding, do you think I will be able to make the xpipe work with the stock y pipe? Im ordering your guys' shorties but I want to do true dual with your xpipe, but since its only for use with the long tubes, do you think that I would be able to fit the xpipe with the oem ypipe by cutting the xpipe to match as closely more or less to be able to weld together?
im eger to try but you guys know the fitting more so I want to know if its worth a try?
THANKS!
Old 09-26-2018, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by L33z71
I have a question about the x,pipe. With some modification cutting and welding, do you think I will be able to make the xpipe work with the stock y pipe? Im ordering your guys' shorties but I want to do true dual with your xpipe, but since its only for use with the long tubes, do you think that I would be able to fit the xpipe with the oem ypipe by cutting the xpipe to match as closely more or less to be able to weld together?
im eger to try but you guys know the fitting more so I want to know if its worth a try?
THANKS!
What on earth?
Old 09-29-2018, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@speedengineering: can I assume 99-06 axle dump Sierra system will fit my 04 Avalanche? I have an SE 4L80E conversion as well and long tubes.
Thanks
Old 10-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor

Our axle dump kit will fit within the chassis of an Avalanche, but I believe the hanger points are in different locations than the trucks. Yes, it will work with a 4L80E trans.

Thanks
Sean
Old 12-11-2018, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you making any of these kits now for the Tahoe/Yukon?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..