Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
Its many pages back, but our truck kits will work on the Tahoe/Yukon's, however the hangers are in different locations from what we have heard. Being a suburban I am assuming you would need to extend the connection pipes as well.

Thanks
Sean
Suburban has a slightly shorter wheel base than the Ext Cab and Crew Cabs, why would it need to be extended? If anything I would think it would prob need to be cut down...
Old 04-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was assuming a suburban had a longer chassis than an extended cab truck.

Thanks
Sean
Old 04-02-2018, 08:10 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I thought so to
Suburban are 130
Silverado range from 119 to 153. I think the regular cab long bed is around 133.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible to order the over the axle part without the oval mufflers? I already have the dumped kit just wanting to extend it out from under the bed and keeping the system looking good without going to a crap exhaust shop and having them butcher it up.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor

We do offer the rear section of the rear exit kit. However, its only offered with the mufflers included.

Thanks
Sean
Old 07-03-2018, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know what good replacement muffler would be had a pretty good rattle since the install and thought it just the hanger system finally slowed down long enough to get it hung properly and its inside the dang muffler and of course only a one year warranty and im 6 months out of that, thanks
Old 07-07-2018, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would this kit fit a 2003 Z71 Tahoe?
Old 07-21-2018, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently installing this kits and I am having less than stellar results.
2000 Single Cab Silverado (rear exit kit).

The headers fit great and the section of pipe from the headers to crossover pipe fit well. However, from that point forward has been nothing short of a disaster. Where the pipes run together along the frame touch a crossmember. The mufflers (2) we spaced and welded too far apart for the rest of the kit. After speaking to someone at Speed Engineering, they sent me another one. Unfortunately, it wasn't spaced accurately as well but I manged to get it to work. The kit does not fit the factory hangers all that well but with some severe arm strength, you can stretch them.

The pipes that go over the axel are too high and hit the bed of the truck. Also, the exiting pipes do not fit well and hit the spare tire. I will post pictures if anyone wants. It looks like I am going to have to go to a exhaust shop to get it all to fit correctly. This kinda takes away the purpose of buying a bolt on kit. The affordability that I thought I was getting with this kit will be negated by paying someone to fix it. I am honestly not impressed. I would think hard before ordering this. The finish of the kit IS pretty damn good but who cares...its under the truck.

I am going to fool with it 1 more time before I just give up hope on it but I am not too confident.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor

Tahoe_Budd: Our kit should fit the frame just fine, however it will require hanger points to be moved. The Yukon/Tahoe's have different hanger locations.

hankfan79: I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with our rear exit kit. I just talked with the sales guy I believe you dealt with trying to figure out what might have happened. We actually just revised our kits a few months ago to work with the 2014+ trucks as well. From your order date I believe you have one of our older kits. Although we have never had any issues with over the axle pipes hitting the bed, or spare tire I believe one part of the install is effecting another. Please give me a call directly, and will see if we can get you squared away.

Thanks
Sean
Old 07-23-2018, 07:52 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by hankfan79
I am currently installing this kits and I am having less than stellar results.
2000 Single Cab Silverado (rear exit kit).

My 2000 GMC Sierra SBSC has the exact issues as your Silverado. The first hanger, no way it would work as it was just in the way. After cutting it off I was able to turn the muffler assembly backward inlet/outlet. This got the muffler's hanger close to the OEM's second hanger location. With the use a longer rubber hanger I now have the mufflers secure.

The pipes over the rearend, not gonna happen for me as I have a 4/6 drop. This I expected as the area between the bed and the housing is limited. Even If I could fit the tails over the rear housing, the RR shock is in the way of the outside mufflers exit... with the shock in the way it's going to make fabricating the tails even that much harder.

The Speed Engineering rear exit duals is definitely not a bolt-on kit for the 99-02 single cab short bed GMT800 trucks. That said it's pretty close and if my truck was stock height I probably could have gotten the tails to work.

If I had the foresight... the Speed Engineering X pipe and a pair of Borla's would have been a better choice for my application (plus $50 less) as I still need custom tail pipes made.

ETA: I never took the SE clamps out of their shrink wrap and replaced with Torca Accuseal band clamps. These should come in the kits with a higher price reflecting the cost. The Torca clamps are rock solid and worth the extra cost IMO.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..