Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got pacesetters longtubes into the off road pipe, no cats, three inch into a single Flowmaster 40 series single three inch outta into a stock location, I have been told it sounds 'MEAN', and I like it now better then how it was set up, I just had a dump pipe before the axle, I can talk to someone in the cab and still hear my radio, but when you jump into it, it's sweet.......

I believe the headers have three inch collectors so it's all three inch back, if I can remember, I'll see if I can get a clip up for you.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:34 PM
FormerVendor

We have tested this muffler on some of our vehicles at our headquarters in Michigan and the VT has been on some of these vehicles for over 50,000 mile with out any problems. The spring is made from an alloy called Inconel 718.

Also something that sets us apart from many is our 90 day Sound/Performance Guarantee. If you aren't completely satisfied return it for a full refund.

Thanks all!

Originally Posted by 78T/a
Yah magnaflows seem to be popular on our trucks....

I was looking more at the dynomax vt thinking id give it a shot, and im not sure i could trust the spring controlled valve inside to last as a long as a normal muffler would.Plus being in canada there is alot of expansion and contraction that would happen during the winter which may not farewell for the setup inside..

L33 - do you have any sounds clips of your magnaflow set up

and does anyone have a clip of thee spintechs
Old 10-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO dynamax sounds more aggressive then magnaflow.. That 4'' bullet I had on my truck was mean sounding, just wish the hillbilly pop/crack I got with it at part throttle wasn't there an I would have kept it

This was it on the truck before running the tail pipes.. Naturally my truck is not close to stock, but you would still have a meaty sound.

Dynomax bullet- 4 inch single exhaust GMC sierra - YouTube

and with the tail pipe
Old 10-13-2011, 03:15 PM
FormerVendor

I love hearing the cam in there. Thanks for sharing the clip as well.

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
IMO dynamax sounds more aggressive then magnaflow.. That 4'' bullet I had on my truck was mean sounding, just wish the hillbilly pop/crack I got with it at part throttle wasn't there an I would have kept it

This was it on the truck before running the tail pipes.. Naturally my truck is not close to stock, but you would still have a meaty sound.

Dynomax bullet- 4 inch single exhaust GMC sierra - YouTube

and with the tail pipe
Old 10-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Guys

Thanks for the replys

I hate deciding on mufflers, i think it has to hardest decision to make when modifying a vehicle. I think im driving my girlfriend crazy at the amount of time i spend watching exhaust clips on youtube...lol we we're driving the other day and a ford f150 went by and she said it sounded like it had flowmasters...the funny thing is, is that it did!!

The reason I like the idea of the VT's is the tone is based off of the throttle you apply. And WOT it is pritty much a straight through muffler, which i want...

To the dynomax guy.....do these flow better then the super turbo you guys offer?
Old 10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
FormerVendor

Yep better flow than our ST. And I hear you on on the muffler choice being one of the toughest choices because we spend so much time in and on our vehicles. As I mentioned earlier our 90 day sound/performance guarantee.
Recently I had a Jeep guy buy a system and it wasn't loud enough, he returned it got a refund and then bought a system from us that was loud.

Hey Guys

Thanks for the replys

I hate deciding on mufflers, i think it has to hardest decision to make when modifying a vehicle. I think im driving my girlfriend crazy at the amount of time i spend watching exhaust clips on youtube...lol we we're driving the other day and a ford f150 went by and she said it sounded like it had flowmasters...the funny thing is, is that it did!!

The reason I like the idea of the VT's is the tone is based off of the throttle you apply. And WOT it is pritty much a straight through muffler, which i want...

To the dynomax guy.....do these flow better then the super turbo you guys offer?
Old 10-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

The 90 day trial is an awsome idea...well Im stuck between going split rear with an ultraflow, or going with single 3 inch VT.....

Dynomax guy.. how is the ultra flow in loudness terms, I understand it is a straight through design also, but is a loud all the time kind of muffler
Old 10-16-2011, 08:45 AM
FormerVendor

The 90 day trial is an awsome idea...well Im stuck between going split rear with an ultraflow, or going with single 3 inch VT.....

Dynomax guy.. how is the ultra flow in loudness terms, I understand it is a straight through design also, but is a loud all the time kind of muffler

So we make two (actually three "types" of UFW counting the X, which is a cross over) the brushed stainless on a scale of 1 to 10 is about a 6-7 in terms of loudness. The polished is about a 5, so a little quieter. Both have a nice deep sound to them. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks
Old 10-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Has anybody used the tailpipes magnaflow makes, you can buy a passenger side exit, and a driver side exit seperate. Im considering buying those, then deside on a muffler to put in place...Im just wondering how well the fitment is with these tailpipes and wether i should just order a full exhaust kit instead