Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

injector question again

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 11:58 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default injector question again

i did a search and it seems several people are wanting to know that same stuff but the answers aren't showing up.

exactly what size injectors did the diferent trucks come with and for diferent years. also will the f body injectors plug right in to our trucks?

it looks like i need some injectors since atap is showing me at 132% duty cycle and i am not sure what i have or what to buy. if i do get some 8.1 injectors don't i have to know what the old and new size injectors are in order to reprogram with ls1edit. i would like to just get some 42's and be done with it but i am not sure if they would fit or plug in. from what i have read 42's are the largest injector that works well.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:35 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Default Re: injector question again

Just an FYI - the trucks take a different type injector than the cars. They have a different type wire harness, respond different electrically, and are physically a different size.

I asked about the 8.1 injectors and never got a good answer. Dont know their size or if they would truly fit correctly.

If you go with 2000+ 6 liter injectors, then LS1 edit number you will need is 3.14

Richard
Old 05-21-2002, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard 24lbs for the 5.3L and either 30lb or 42lb for the 8.1L, don't know which. I don't know who told me 30lb, but valvegod said he is pretty sure it's 42lb. Nothing confirmed though, which I know is what you want.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:47 PM
single digit dreamer

i think we can figure this out, i just got my ls1edit cable and it says my injector flow rate is 2.74gm/sec it seems like we could just convert this to lb/hour

2.74gm/sec = 9864gm/hour = 21.82lb/hr(at 59psi?)

that looks about right to me as far as size although i have heard 19lb/hour also. i have also heard that the 99's have smaller injectors. if i convert to a 43psi you get 18.62lb/hr injector. i know we run at 59 but mabey someone was giving the generic size witch i think would be rated at 43psi.

can i get any other injector flow rates off of ls1edit and what vehicle they came in? if the 6.0 really only came with 3.14gm/sec(25lb/hr) i dont think that will be large enuff for me.

i just went to http://www.rceng.com/index.htm and acording to them if i want to feed a 600hp engine witch is my dream some day i will need 44lb/hr injectors at 80%duty cycle. i have heard the 50's don't work so well so it looks like a 42 would be for me. i really need to find out what came in the 8.1
Old 05-21-2002, 07:36 PM
single digit dreamer

call me crazy but i am stuck without bigger injectors, i just got ls1edit and i have a 6psi and a 9psi pully coming tomorrow so i need to get some injectors. is there any reason i couldn't buy one 8.1 injector and do a flow test of my own on the thing? i could come off of my schrader valve port with a piece of rubber gas line, hose clamp it to the injector and apply power. then let it run for a minute, weigh it, multiply it by 60.

i would need an injector, a few bucks worth of parts from the hardware store and borrow a good scale.

other wise i need to figure out what it would take to get the f-body injectors to fit, if it is just the conector then i would think i could buy conectors. i dont think there is any diference in the way injectors respond electricaly untill you get up to the "peak and hold" style. big tex-are you sure they are a diferent size?
Old 05-21-2002, 08:30 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

100% positive the size is different. You could buy a LS6 intake and fuel rails and use whatever injectors you want. Then you could run those cool corvette fuel rail covers.

I looked all over for the 8.1 info. I read that magnacharger sends new injectors w/ their kits, so I even asked tbyrne if he could special order just the injector from magna. He told me he would look, but gave me no answer.