Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

I was embarrassed :/ 2wd to 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm from south texas, and I just want the look of a 4x4.. and im not going to go crazy on the lift I don't plan on doing mudding as we have a 1981 4x4 K10 and mudding usually breaks sht :/
I've seen a couple of lifts on 2wd and they aren't that expensive vs a 4x4.
What brands do you recommend for a lift?
How much is the Rancho quick lift?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kr1s
I'm from south texas, and I just want the look of a 4x4.. and im not going to go crazy on the lift I don't plan on doing mudding as we have a 1981 4x4 K10 and mudding usually breaks sht :/
I've seen a couple of lifts on 2wd and they aren't that expensive vs a 4x4.
What brands do you recommend for a lift?
How much is the Rancho quick lift?
That is what I would call all show and no go. 2wd with a lift and mud tires is just pointless in my opinion. When I mod my truck I do it for performance and show. Lifts are usually pretty expensive unless you plan on a leveling kit and bigger tires. Be ready though to start wearing out parts and throwing your gas millage out the window. I only keyed my truck to fit 33's on it. I do not want anything high profile since all I have to worry about it dirt and mud instead of clearance.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump. for ***** n giggles
Old 06-30-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Regular

Don't worry the time will come where you learn to drown her out and actually pay attention to the road. I've been in the ditch, stopped at green lights, blown thru red lights, wrong way down a one way street because I was trying to pay attention to her. You'll smarten up like flicking a light switch somewhere around 20. You'll also develop very well tuned selective hearing.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To be honest, get a detroit locker or a truetrac. Put a locker in my 95 Bronco (6" lift, 35's, etc), and never put it in 4wd again because I never needed to, even pulling people out of mud holes in the rain.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hahaha yeah man i hear ya, :p i think its coming alot faster for me lol

Originally Posted by blackcash
Don't worry the time will come where you learn to drown her out and actually pay attention to the road. I've been in the ditch, stopped at green lights, blown thru red lights, wrong way down a one way street because I was trying to pay attention to her. You'll smarten up like flicking a light switch somewhere around 20. You'll also develop very well tuned selective hearing.

:O Really? which one did you have? I know This is what i've been looking into with some 4.10 gears

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
To be honest, get a detroit locker or a truetrac. Put a locker in my 95 Bronco (6" lift, 35's, etc), and never put it in 4wd again because I never needed to, even pulling people out of mud holes in the rain.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a PowerTrax, which just fits inside your open differential and replaces the spider gears (I found it on ebay for a great price and could install it myself since the ring and pinion didn't need to come out). I found it very streetable. But I would go with a TrueTrac if that isn't available for your application, like if you already have a G80 instead of an open diff.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

this is what happens when a girl starts talking...

oh boy being that age was awesome but i tell you im lucky to not be in jail from some of my adventures my truck never even sees dirt so getting stuck in a ditch is much better than talking to a cop while you have no pants on...

now just keep your truck and find a new spot to err... uhh... "talk"!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool ill look into that thanks

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
I had a PowerTrax, which just fits inside your open differential and replaces the spider gears (I found it on ebay for a great price and could install it myself since the ring and pinion didn't need to come out). I found it very streetable. But I would go with a TrueTrac if that isn't available for your application, like if you already have a G80 instead of an open diff.
Yup -_-. Lol yeah it's alot better than talking to a cop ha, but since i've turned 18 i've stepped it up I get hotels now! I no longer have spots because they started building crap where i would go :/ oh well, time to look for a new one
Plus there's always my room just turn up the surround sound and lock the door and (start talking). I kinda got tired of trying to lay down in a RCSB so i bought a air mattress and it fits in the back of my bed perfect lol, i haven't used it since i love hotels but i know one day i probably will, till then its in my tool box

Originally Posted by chevrolet all the way
this is what happens when a girl starts talking...

oh boy being that age was awesome but i tell you im lucky to not be in jail from some of my adventures my truck never even sees dirt so getting stuck in a ditch is much better than talking to a cop while you have no pants on...

now just keep your truck and find a new spot to err... uhh... "talk"!